4th of July Rice Krispie Treats are a festive, fun dessert that’s dressed up with red, white, and blue M&Ms, sprinkles, and melted chocolate! Requires only 10 minutes of hands-on time!
Looking for more patriotic desserts to bring to all of your Independence Day cookouts? Check out my moist Red, White, and Blue Marble Sheet Cake or 4th of July Mini Cheesecakes that have a delicious shortbread crust!
Stack these 4th of July Rice Krispie Treats on your favorite red serving plate and they’ll easily become an edible decoration! This dessert really stands out since they’re loaded with red, white, and blue M&Ms, covered in sprinkles, and are then finished off with a patriotic drizzle of melted chocolate!
I usually reach for my 4th of July Bundt Cake or Red, White & Blue Cake Batter Dip to bring along to BBQs. But since my kids are on a Rice Krispies treat kick lately I got the idea to simply just dress them up a bit to create an easy-to-make red, white, and blue dessert that’s both festive AND delicious!
Why This Recipe Works!
- Easy To Make! Simply melt, mix, and press into the pan! The fun part is adding on all the red, white, and blue edible decorations!
- Everyone Loves Them! Little tots right up to adults will be grabbing a square to enjoy!
- Super Festive! The red, white, and blue M&Ms, chocolate drizzle, and sprinkles make this dessert really fun and festive!
- Feeds A Crowd! This recipe leaves you with about two dozen treats! The perfect amount for those BIG backyard 4th of July cookouts!
- Switch Them Up! Dress these treats up to match any holiday or occasion! Just swap out the red, white, and blues for other colors that go with your theme!
This red, white, and blue Rice Krispies treat recipe comes together in no time! To whip up a batch you’ll need:
- Rice Krispie Cereal – A giant family-size box would be best since you’ll need 9 cups of Rice Krispies!
- Vanilla Extract – Makes these treats taste SO good by boosting the flavor of the marshmallows!
- Mini Marshmallows -Melted down to hold these tasty treats together! Also, feel free to stir some into the Rice Krispie mixture, doing so creates little pockets of marshmallowy goodness!
- Salt – Helps in balancing out the sweetness.
- Unsalted Butter – Joins the mini marshmallows in the saucepan to melt together!
- M&Ms – Red, white, and blue M&Ms! Mini or regular are fine.
- Sprinkles – Grab a bottle of your favorite red, white, and blue sprinkles. If your planning ahead and have time to wait, amazon has really fun options!
- Candy Melts – Take this 4th of July treat to the next level by melting down red, white, and blue candy melts. Then drizzle it over the tops of the treats!
If you can only get your hands on white candy melts then just portion them out into 3 bowls and add red food coloring to one bowl, and blue food coloring to another. Leaving one bowl without any food coloring for white!
You could also dip the Rice Krispies into the melted chocolate instead of drizzling!
How To Make 4th of July Rice Krispie Treats
- Melt the butter, salt, and marshmallows together in a large saucepan until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the vanilla and cereal until fully coated.
- Fold in 1/2 cup of the M&Ms gently.
- Transfer the rice Krispies mixture into a 9×13 pan that’s layered with parchment paper or wax paper and sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Then sprinkle on the remaining M&Ms and sprinkles.
- Melt the candy melts in separate microwave-safe bowls until smooth and completely melted. Then drizzle it over the top of the Rice Krispie treats!
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Store 4th of July Rice Krispie Treats
These Rice Krispie treats will stay good for up to 2 weeks when stored in an airtight container in a cool dry place.
How Come My Rice Krispie Treats Won’t Set Up?
It may be too warm and humid in your home for them to set up. Try placing them in the refrigerator.
Can I Use Salted Butter In This Recipe?
Yes you can! Just omit the unsalted butter and salt if you choose to use salted butter.
These 4th of July Rice Krispie Treats aren’t just fun to make, they’re also fun to eat! Try another fun Rice Krispie treat recipe that you’ll love eating just as much!
- S’mores Rice Krispies Treats – Marshmallow treats that get an easy summer twist!
- Bacon and Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats – Homemade rice Krispie treats get dipped in melted chocolate and candied bacon!
- Hot Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats – Loaded with sweet marshmallows and hot chocolate mix for a fun, tasty twist!
- Rice Krispie Treats – The homemade version of the classic, easy no-bake treat that everyone loves!
4th of July Rice Krispie TreatsPin For Later
CLICK THE BUTTON ABOVE TO SAVE THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE TO YOUR BOARD!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos!
4th of July Rice Krispie Treats
- Line a 9×13-inch baking sheet with parchment paper and coat with non-stick spray. Set aside
- Premeasure all of your ingredients – you will need to work quickly with this recipe.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter, salt, and marshmallows together until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and cereal until fully coated.
- Gently and quickly fold in a ½ cup of the M&Ms then transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Use parchment paper or greased hands to gently press the mixture into the pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining M&Ms over the top as well as any sprinkles and gently press them in.
- Allow to set for 30 minutes before removing from the pan and cutting into squares.
- Melt the candy melts in separate bowls on 30-second intervals, stirring between each or until fully melted. Drizzle over the top of the rice krispie treats. This step can be done before or after the initial cooling. Make sure the candy drizzle has cooled and hardened before consuming.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool dry space for up to 2 weeks.
- If it’s really warm or humid, you can place these in the refrigerator to set.
- You want to add the M&M’s close to the end of mixing otherwise the color from the candy coating may bleed into the cereal.
- Candy melts may be skipped if desired or you could also dip the rice krispie treats in them instead of drizzling.
- Salted butter may be used in place of unsalted butter and salt.