Funfetti Ice Cream Bread doesn’t require any rising or kneading to make this tender, lightly sweet bread! It’s topped with sweet icing and lots of sprinkles for a fun and delicious dessert recipe!
Funfetti Ice Cream Bread is the easiest bread to make since it only has 3 ingredients, 2 if you don’t count the sprinkles! If you’re new to bread making or just want to enjoy a fresh loaf of bread in no time, then look no further than this perfectly dense Funfetti Bread!
Making bread with ice cream? I know, sounds a little crazy, right? But hear me out. The secret is in the self-rising flour and ice cream! Between the two of them, they have everything you need for a delicious bread recipe!
Your only job is to decide how you’ll enjoy a slice of this Funfetti Bread! Will you eat it plain, buttered, with your favorite jam, or even topped with Homemade Whipped Cream and fresh berries?!
Or just make up a few loafs and then you won’t have to decide!
The ingredients for Ice Cream Bread could very well be the shortest list of ingredients for homemade bread that you may ever see! To bake up a loaf all you need is:
- Ice Cream – For best results, choose full-fat ice cream and be sure to avoid sugar-free or reduced-sugar ice creams.
- Self-Rising Flour – This flour is made with baking powder and salt making it the leavening agent we need for this bread to rise while it bakes.
- Sprinkles – Rainbow sprinkles for the funfetti appearance!
I love how easy it is to switch up the flavor of this ice cream bread just by swapping around ice cream flavors! For example, for chocolate ice cream bread just grab your favorite chocolate ice cream and even add in some chocolate chips to the batter!
You can really have a lot of fun with this recipe just by mixing up which flavor of ice cream you use!
How To Make Funfetti Ice Cream Bread
- Mix the softened ice cream and flour together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Fold in the sprinkles and pour the batter into a greased baking pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Spread the icing over the top of the cooled loaf and top with sprinkles.
Make sure to use softened and not melted ice cream in this recipe. I find that softened yields better texture than melted when it comes to ice cream bread recipes.
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Store Funfetti Ice Cream Bread
Store this ice cream bread in the refrigerator in an air tight container or wrapped tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Enjoy it for up to 3 days!
Can I Add Other Things To The Batter?
Of course! You can add chocolate chips, chopped up nuts, or berries into the batter!
What Size Loaf Pans Should I Use For This Recipe?
This ice cream bread recipe will fill any loaf pan loaf pan between the sizes of 8×4 and 9×5-inches.
This recipe for Ice Cream Bread is great when I’m low on time and ingredients but am still craving some homemade bread! Here are more delicious and easy quick bread recipes that you may also enjoy!
- Applesauce Bread – Made with warm spices, brown sugar, and chopped pecans, only 5 minutes of prep time!
- Starbucks Banana Bread – Delicious sweet bread loaded with walnuts and bananas then served warm with butter!
- Easy Cranberry Banana Bread – Moist, tender quick bread that’s packed full of tart cranberries!
- Zucchini Bread – Grated zucchini combines with pantry staple ingredients for a tender loaf of bread that’s ready for the oven in just 15 minutes!
- Best Spiced Pumpkin Bread – Made with the best spices and chopped walnuts!
Funfetti Ice Cream BreadPin For Later
CLICK THE BUTTON ABOVE TO SAVE THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE TO YOUR BOARD!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review; I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Busy Family Recipes Facebook Community and share them there!
Funfetti Ice Cream Bread
- 2 cups ice cream1 softened
- 1½ cups self-rising flour2 spooned and leveled
- 2 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a loaf pan3 with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix the softened ice cream and flour just until combined. Gently fold in the sprinkles with a rubber spatula.
- Add the batter to the prepared loaf pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutes until a toothpick comes clean when inserted into the center. Allow the loaf to cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely before icing.
- Mix together the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract with a whisk or fork until smooth, adding more sugar or milk as needed to reach desired consistency. Spread over the top of the loaf and top with sprinkles.
- If you made this recipe, don't forget to come back and leave a rating and review so other readers know how you liked it!
- Make sure you use full-fat ice cream. You can choose any flavor you’d like.
- You must use self-rising flour for this recipe, all-purpose will not work.
- You can use any loaf pan size between 8×4 and 9×5-inches.
- Nutritional information is for the entire loaf, but will vary based on the brand of ice cream you use.