Corn Ribs slices ears of fresh sweet corn into strips and seasons them before they get charred up to perfectly sweet and slightly chewy corn! Prep this TikTok side dish in just 15 minutes!
Pair these Corn Ribs with tender, juicy Air Fryer Steak and this easy-to-make creamy Best Mashed Potatoes for a complete meal that will make everyone’s mouth water!
These Sweet Corn Ribs are a fun and creative way to liven up fresh corn! The end result delivers seasoned slices of corn that taste sweet and spicy after they’ve been perfectly cooked and charred!
What a time to be alive when you can scroll ONE app and come off of it with DIY ideas, fun new recipes, outfit styles, and of course those trendy dances. You may not find me crafting up all of the DIYs or even trying those trendy dances, but you WILL find me trying just about every popular TikTok recipe I come across!
And just like TikTok’s Angel Milk and Pasta Chips, this easy recipe does NOT disappoint either!
Serve these Corn Ribs up with the spicy chipotle sauce, cilantro, jalapenos, and crumbly cheese for a side dish you’ll turn to again and again! And with no complaints from anyone since it’s so tasty!
This Corn Ribs Recipe is a minimal hands-on recipe yet delivers a flavorful side you’ll want to make over and over again! This recipe is broken down into three easy parts, the corn itself, chipotle sauce, and toppings.
To start, 4 ears of sweet corn is needed, each one will be essentially quartered to create the ‘ribs’. Then the corn is brushed with a seasoned oil mixture that’s made with avocado oil, chili powder, and sea salt.
While the Corn Ribs are cooking, the chipotle sauce is made and refrigerated until ready to use it. This is made with mayonnaise, sour cream, adobo sauce, lime juice, and salt.
Then all that’s left are the toppings! I like using crumbled cotija-style cheese, minced cilantro, and quartered limes for serving!
How To Make Elote Sweet Corn Ribs
- Carefully cut the corn cobs into 4 slices using a sturdy but sharp kitchen knife.
- Mix together the chipotle sauce ingredients and refrigerate it until ready to use.
- Add oil, chili powder, and sea salt to a small bowl and mix together.
- Place the corn onto large baking sheets and brush oil over the corn.
- Bake the corn and then turn the oven broiler to high to slightly char them.
- Top the corn with the chipotle sauce, crumbled cheese, cilantro and lime before serving!
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Store
Corn Ribs taste best when enjoyed right away. However, if there happen to be any leftovers you can place them in an airtight container or wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and store them in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
Can I Make Corn Ribs In The Air Fryer Instead Of In The Oven?
Absolutely! To do so just place them in the air fryer basket, being careful not to overcrowd or stack them. Then cook for about 10 to 15 minutes at 400 to 425 degrees F until they reach desired crispness.
What Can I Use If I Can’t Find Cotija Style Cheese?
Grab some feta cheese! It has a similar flavor and texture to that of the cotija-style cheese.
What’s The Best Way To Reheat Leftovers?
You can microwave the Corn Ribs for about 10 to 15 seconds or until they’re heated through. You could also pop them in the air fryer for 3 to 4 minutes at 360 degrees F.
To reheat them in the oven on a baking sheet heat them for 7 to 8 minutes at 375 degrees F.
Corn Ribs is an easy way to serve corn without cracking open the same old sad can of corn to have with dinner! Here are more ways to enjoy corn as a side dish and even in a complete meal!
- Crockpot Cheesy Corn – Made with corn, heavy cream, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, butter, and seasonings!
- One Dish Corn Mac and Cheese – Overflowing with sweet corn and cheese for a simple pasta dish everyone will devour!
- New England Corn Chowder with Bacon – This recipe puts a slightly spicy spin on the classic but is still just as creamy and delicious as ever!
- Cheesy Corn Casserole – A super easy-to-make casserole side dish that’s made of only 6 ingredients and ready to slide into the oven in just 5 minutes!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review; I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges and win prizes!
Elote Sweet Corn Ribs
- 4 ears sweet corn
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup crumbled cotija style cheese
- ¼ cup minced cilantro
- 2 limes quartered, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425°F and set aside a large baking sheet.
- Stand the corn on the wide flat end. Using a sharp knife, carefully cut from the top down vertically the slice the ear of corn in half. Next, do the same thing again, essentially quartering the ear of corn into strips.
- In a small bowl or jar, mix together the chipotle sauce ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a small bowl, mix together the oil, chili powder, and sea salt.
- Place the corn onto the sheet pan and brush the oil over the corn. Transfer to the oven and bake for 20 minutes, after 20 minutes, turn the oven broiler to high and broil for 5 minutes until the corn is slightly charred in spots.
- To serve, top the corn with the chipotle sauce, crumbled cheese, cilantro, and lime.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on Instagram @sugarandsoulco and follow on Tiktok @sugarandsoulco and Pinterest @sugarandsoulco for more!
Leave A Reply!