This One Dish Corn Mac and Cheese is loaded with cheese and sweet corn, it’s an easy pasta dish that’s perfect for potlucks and game days.
I’m so excited about today’s Corn Mac and Cheese recipe for three reasons:
- It’s a Reader Recipe and a super easy one too!
- Cheese and lots of it!
- It’s a one-dish meal!
Those are all pretty valid reasons for being excited, right? I actually woke up thinking it was Friday (yeah, my brain jumped ahead a few days), so the day has gotten a little less exciting, but still awesome nonetheless.
When Jamie B. submitted this recipe, I was totally intrigued. It has pretty minimal ingredients and the cheese, pasta, and corn combo sounded like it would be great for game days.
When I told my husband about it and how I wanted to make it for last weekend’s family get together, he just looked at me and said: “Okay, but this probably isn’t as good as it sounds.”
Fast forward to it coming out of the oven, and someone is stuffing their face with the cheesy amazingness that is this dish!
A few words from Jamie about this Corn Mac and Cheese recipe: “My sister-in-law shared this recipe with me and it has been a family favorite ever since. It’s the first thing people request for gatherings. I know it’s not very high brow and not fancy (hello, canned corn and Velveeta), but trust me, it is so incredibly comforting and delicious!”
I can attest to the fact that no, it is not fancy, but it is insanely delicious, even when it’s cold… we’re getting reeeeal “fancy” now, eh?
I’ve made this recipe several times now and each time I do, I think: “This would be awesome with bacon!”
But then I always forget to add it, I love the ease of a one-dish meal and digging out a frying pan to fry up some bacon seems like a lot of extra work, but I bet it would be delicious!
I’m thinking about 5 strips of diced-up bacon would be about the right amount to add in case any of you want to try it and let me know how it is!
So thank you, Jamie, for sharing this Corn Mac and Cheese recipe with my family! We absolutely loved it and have a feeling it will be made for potlucks and game days again and again!
The fact that it’s a one-dish meal is also a win in our book, the fewer dishes, the better, right? I adapted the recipe slightly, but have included Jamie’s original ingredients in the notes.
If you want to submit a reader recipe, you can fill out the Reader Recipe Submission Form!
One-Dish Corn Mac and Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add all ingredients (except the breadcrumbs) into a medium sized casserole dish one at a time, mixing thoroughly.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir well, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and bake for another 15-20 minutes until macaroni is soft and a crust forms on the top of the dish.
- Remove from oven and enjoy.
- If making a double batch, you’ll need to bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes after stirring.
- Jamie uses Margarine, 1 cup of macaroni instead of 2, and uses the canned water in the corn rather than the 1/2 cup I added. Salt and Pepper was also added from the original recipes for taste.
Post Updated: March 24th, 2017