This Iced Strawberry Tea uses a 3-ingredient homemade strawberry simple syrup to sweeten up freshly steeped tea in just 35 minutes! This fruity sweet tea is perfect for cooling down with on those hot summer days!
I love filling my drink dispensers with crisp, refreshing homemade drinks like this one as well as my Apple Iced Tea which is made with only 3 ingredients, and this family favorite Homemade Raspberry Iced Tea!
Iced Strawberry Tea is a sweetened iced tea that’s loaded with the best strawberry flavor thanks to the homemade Strawberry Simple Syrup that it’s made with! Mix up a batch to sip on at picnics, BBQs, and beach days!
Why This Recipe Works!
- Minimal Ingredients! Making homemade drinks doesn’t get any easier when the recipe calls for only 5 ingredients!
- Strawberry Flavor! Being in the middle of strawberry season is the perfect excuse to use up those fresh, ripe berries in this iced tea to give it the best strawberry flavor!
- You Decide How Sweet It Is! This tea is SWEET! So if you prefer it to be a bit less on the sweet side you can reduce the sugar and add in some fresh lemon juice!
- Quick To Make! Ready for sipping in just 35 minutes! Make it in the morning and enjoy it all day long!
Strawberry Tea Ingredient Notes
This Southern Strawberry Tea Recipe is SO easy to make even if you’ve never dabbled in making homemade teas before! Make up a pitcher of tea by gathering the following simple ingredients:
- Water – Used to steep the tea and make the simple syrup.
- Tea Bags – I used regular Lipton black tea bags but you could also try using Earl Grey or green tea bags!
- Baking Soda – Helps to reduce any bitter flavor from the tea.
- Strawberries – Fresh strawberries, chopped.
- Granulated Sugar – Sweetens up the whole drink!
Once you pour the Iced Strawberry Sweet Tea into individual glasses finish them off by placing fresh strawberries in each drink or hanging some off the side of the glasses!
How To Make Strawberry Tea
- Boil 2 cups of water in a medium saucepan. Then remove from the heat, add the tea bags, and steep.
- Remove the tea bags and add the tea to a pitcher.
- Add cold water and baking soda to the pitcher of tea.
- Add water, sliced strawberries, and sugar to the same saucepan and bring to a low simmer to make the strawberry simple syrup.
- Remove and allow the syrup to cool. Then strain the strawberries through a fine-mesh strainer into a small cup or pitcher.
- Stir the syrup into the large pitcher of tea. Pour and serve over ice!
Strawberry Iced Tea FAQs
How To Store Strawberry Tea
Store this Strawberry Iced Tea in the refrigerator covered for up to one week!
Can You Taste The Baking Soda In This Strawberry Tea?
Not at all! Baking soda’s only job is to neutralize the tannins in black tea, this actually makes it taste better!
Could I Exchange The Strawberries For Other Fruit?
Yes, you can! Doing so is an easy way to get a different fruit-flavored iced tea! You could try using blueberries or blackberries for a delicious variation of this iced tea recipe!
Homemade Strawberry Tea is a great way to add an extra splash of delicious fun at your next cookout! Here are more of my favorite drink recipes that I love to serve to my friends and family!
- Best Ever Raspberry Lime Rickey – A sweet, tart refreshing drink made with lime juice, raspberry simple syrup, and club soda.
- Roasted Strawberry Lemonade – The perfect mix of bright citrusy lemons and sweet strawberries!
- Rainbow Sherbet Punch – Sparkling grape juice, lemon-lime soda, and tons of sherbet collide for the best sweet party drink!
- Cranberry Lemonade – Ready in only 2 minutes using just 3 ingredients with lemon slices, cranberries, and mint for garnish!
- Shirley Temple Float – The classic cherry and soda beverage gets a fun summer twist!
Strawberry TeaPin For Later
CLICK THE BUTTON ABOVE TO SAVE THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE TO YOUR BOARD!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review; I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Busy Family Recipes Facebook Community and share them there!
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan.8 cups water
- Once boiling, remove from the heat and add the tea bags. Steep the tea for 5 minutes.8 black tea bags
- Remove the tea bags from the water.
- Transfer the tea into a large pitcher with 4 additional cups of water and baking soda.8 cups water, 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Using the same saucepan, add the remaining 2 cups of water, strawberries, and sugar, and bring to a low simmer for 20 minutes.8 cups water, 4 cups strawberries, 1½ cups granulated sugar
- Remove the strawberries from the heat and allow the syrup to cool to room temperature.
- Strain the strawberries through a fine mesh sieve into a small cup or pitcher, pressing the juice out of the berries. Discard the berry pulp.
- Add the strawberry syrup to the pitcher with the tea and stir to combine.
- Pour and serve over ice.
- Baking soda is added to reduce any bitter flavor from the tea.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- This is SWEET tea, however, you can reduce the sugar by half and a fruitier flavor and add lemon juice for some zestiness.