These Uncrustables Donuts are the latest trending easy TikTok recipe made using your favorite flavor of Uncrustables sandwiches that have been deep-fried and tossed in cinnamon sugar for the easiest jelly donut you’ll ever make!
If you love this donut recipe, feast your stomachs on these Air Fryer Donuts and these Baked Blueberry Donuts!
For the last few weeks, people have been raving about how genius these Uncrustables Donuts are that have been going viral on TikTok thanks to this video! However, Well Done seems to be the original source of the recipe. Are they breakfast or dessert or lunch or a snack? Maybe all four mashed up into one!
My husband thinks I’m a little odd, but I only like PB&Js that are toasted – In my opinion, the jelly and peanut butter are already really soft so I don’t want soft bread too. And these donuts are absolute perfection in my book! You can a crispy fried bread on the outside and the peanut butter and jelly get warm and good – it’s so good!
What I Love About This Recipe!
- Four Ingredients – And that’s including the oil to fry them in!
- Easy Recipe – I don’t think you’ll find a donut or donut knock-off recipe any easier than this one!
- Fun Recipe – Kids will love helping prepare this recipe (let them cut and toss the donuts – adults should do the frying).
- Delicious – As I said above, I’m not sure what type of course this qualifies as but nonetheless, they are tasty!
This recipe requires minimal ingredients: Oil for frying, Uncrustables sandwiches, and cinnamon sugar. The cinnamon sugar is optional, my husband actually prefers them without, but they do give you more of that jelly donut flavor.
This recipe is really easy to scale. The recipe can make 6 to 12 before needing to increase the sugar or change out the oil.
How To Make Donuts with Uncrustables
These donuts are really easy to make, you’ll need a few key kitchen tools to make them, but otherwise, no real skills are required!
Step 1: Thaw and core the Uncrustables using a cupcake corer (I have this one and love it).
Step 2: Heat vegetable oil in a Dutch oven to 375 degrees F.
Step 3: Fry the sandwiches and place on a paper towel on a plate.
Step 4: Toss in cinnamon sugar.
I would only cook 2 to 3 at a time since they cook really fast and you don’t want them to burn while you’re adding or flipping the others. Since they cook so fast it will only take you a couple of minutes to cook all of them even in small batches.
Grab the full printable recipe at the bottom of the post!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Make These In An Air Fryer?
Sure, you can! They’ll take about 7 to 8 minutes to cook. However, I tested both methods and found that the cinnamon sugar doesn’t stick very well to the air fryer version and would need to be brushed with butter. They also took longer to cook since in most air fryers you can only cook 3 or 4 at a time. I also thought the air fried uncrustables were drier overall. So if you can fry them, do it, it’s work the extra hassle!
Can Cinnamon Sugar Be Omitted?
Absolutely! That actually how my husband prefers them. You don’t even have to cut the hole in the center if you prefer more of a deep-fried PB&J than a donut.
Can I Use Other Flavors?
Yes. Uncrustables now come in several flavor: grape, strawberry, hazelnut, and honey. Any of these will work with this recipe!
If you love easy kitchen hack recipes then I think you’ll love my Ice Cream Bread and Edible Brownie Batter! And for more fun TikTok recipes, try these Ranch Pickles, Twisted Bacon, or Nature’s Cereal!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review; I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges and win prizes!
- vegetable oil for frying
- 6 Uncrustables thawed, any flavor
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Fill a heavy bottomed pan or dutch oven with 1½ inches of vegetable oil (or other frying oil of choice) and heat over high heat until it reaches 375°F when tested with a kitchen thermometer. Reduce heat to medium low once it reaches temp.
- Meanwhile, use a cupcake corer or 1-inch circular cookie cutter to cut a hole in the center of each of the thawed uncrustables.
- Use tongs to drop the uncrustables into the hot oil and cook each side for 10 to 12 seconds. Transfer cooked donuts to a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar and cinnamon until evenly combined then toss the fried donuts in the cinnamon sugar mixture making sure to work them side to side so the middle gets coated. Serve immediately.
- Uncrustables thaw really quickly and should be ready to cut 10 to 15 minutes after removing from the refrigerator.
- This recipe is really easy to scale. The recipe can make 6 to 12 before needing to increase the sugar or change out the oil.
- The centers of the donuts do not need to be pinched back together, they don’t really leak. But some peanut butter or jelly will get in the oil and after about 12 donuts you’ll want to change it out.
- I would only cook 2 to 3 at a time since they cook really fast and you don’t want them to burn while you’re adding or flipping the others. Since they cook so fast it will only take you a couple of minutes to cook all of them even in small batches.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on Instagram @sugarandsoulco and follow on Tiktok @sugarandsoulco and Pinterest @sugarandsoulco for more!
Comments & Reviews
Holy Fudge. These are so freaking good. I blame you for the extra 50 lbs I’m about to pack on now that I know this recipe 😭😭😭
Rebecca Hubbell says
So glad you loved them!