Monster Cookie Energy Balls are a quick, tasty but healthy snack option that can be made ahead of time so you can enjoy them all week long!
These no bake Monster Cookie Energy Bites are packed with all the healthy things your body needs while giving you a taste that resembles more of a dessert! Who knew eating healthy could taste so good!
Pack a few in your families lunch boxes, grab a couple as you run out the door on the way to gym, or make them to bring on a road trip! However you plan to enjoy these energy balls just prepare for them to be an instant hit with everyone!
By prepare, I mean, you may want to consider doubling or tripling the batch!
5 Reasons Why I Love This Recipe!
- Customizable! Swap ingredients in and out for other things you and your family love!
- Healthy! These peanut butter balls are packed with protein, healthy fats, fiber, and minerals for a healthy, filling snack!
- Kids Love Them! They taste so good kids don’t know they’re actually healthy! The M&M’s and mini chocolate chips will have them thinking their eating dessert!
- Ready To Go Snacks! Make them on a Sunday and place them in the refrigerator for a ready made healthy snack that you can grab easily as you run out the door for work, school, or chasing kids to sports!
- Easy To Make! Simply mix the ingredients altogether, chill, and enjoy!
When it comes to making monster energy cookie bites there are many different ingredient lists out there. I found these ingredients best suited our family’s taste buds best. For this recipe you’ll need:
- Old Fashioned Oats – A whole grain packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber!
- Peanut Butter – Filled with protein and potassium!
- Collagen Or Vanilla Protein Powder – Collagen improves hair, skin, and nail health while protein will help build and maintain muscle mass. You choose what you’d like to use!
- Agave Syrup – Sticky sweetener that helps bond these protein balls together as well as sweeten them up!
- Mini Chocolate Chips – Add in whatever you like, milk chocolate, semi-sweet, or dark chocolate!
- Mini M&M’s – You could use regular size M&M’s but I prefer using the minis.
Other healthy add-ins can include:
- Chia Seeds
- Flax Seeds
- Wheat Germ
- Shredded Coconut
- Peanut Butter Flavored Protein Powder
- Nut Butter
- Almond Butter
- Dried Fruit
If adding things such as nuts and dried fruit, you can use a food processor to chop them up into smaller pieces.
How To Make Monster Cookie Protein Balls
- Mix together all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl until fully incorporated.
- Scoop the dough out and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet. If you prefer, you could also roll into balls.
- Chill on the baking sheet in the refrigerator
How To Store
I recommend storing these Monster Cookie Energy Balls at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to a week.
You can also freeze these as well by first placing them on a baking sheet to freeze in their form before placing in a zip lock bag. They’ll last up to two months in the freezer.
What Can I Use Instead of Agave?
You could use honey in place of agave, just keep in mind it may slightly change the taste of these protein balls.
Can I Use Powdered Peanut Butter For This Recipe?
I suggest sticking to premade peanut butter since powdered peanut butter has a looser consistency once made.
These Peanut Butter Protein Balls are a great way to sneak in a healthy yet sweet snack to keep you on track! If you’re looking for more new healthy recipes to try here are a few of my favorites that I think you’ll love as well!
- Nature’s Cereal – Loaded with fresh berries, coconut water, and ice for a refreshing, flavorful breakfast!
- Apple Donut Slices – Slices of apple covered in maple cream cheese and toppings of your choice!
- Granola Breakfast Bowl – Healthy oats, sweet, natural maple syrup with toasted almonds and coconuts!
- Healthy Apple Spice Detox Water – Fill your cup up with a simple infusion of fresh apples, cinnamon, star anise, and water!
- Kale Chips – A crunchy delicious snack that’s packed with both nutrients and flavor!
Monster Cookie Energy BallsPin For Later
CLICK THE BUTTON ABOVE TO SAVE THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE TO YOUR BOARD!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos!
Monster Cookie Protein Balls
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop the dough and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Tranfers the baking sheet in the fridge and chill for 2 hours.
- Remove from the fridge and roll each scoop into balls.
- Store at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Honey may be used in place of agave.