Nature’s Cereal is the hottest new (and healthy) TikTok trend that’s taking the world by storm! Made with fresh berries, coconut water, and ice – it’s super refreshing and flavorful!
Looking for an easy, light, berry-packed treat or Breakfast option? This Nature’s Cereal recipe is just the thing! It can help aid digestion and boost energy and is probably a lot better than reaching for a box of Fruity Pebbles.
Many people love following TikTok food trends and it sure has started some delicious ones from Hot Chocolate Bombs to Dalgona Coffee to Baked Feta Pasta. But this new one is so easy and good for you, that everyone should try it at least once!
Everyone will be making Nature’s Cereal soon enough! Originally created by @natures_food on TikTok, the #naturescereal hashtag already has over 50 million views in less than a month, and then really started blowing up after Lizzo posted a video of it.
Why I Love This Recipe!
- Low Calorie – If you still want that bowl of cereal feeling in the morning but without the processed sugar and extra calories, this is the perfect solution!
- Fresh – Using fresh fruit adds texture and flavor to this simple dish.
- Easy – With the ingredients used in my recipe, there’s no need to peel, hull, or chop any of the ingredients. Just wash and add to the bowl!
- Delicious – I know it sounds weird, but this is really good. I don’t normally like coconut water on it’s own, but it really adds something here.
The original recipe was made with blueberries, blackberries, and pomegranate arils. But really, you can choose any fruit you want.
For this version, I’m skipping the pomegranate and adding in some raspberries.
I’ve also seen some super colorful tropical versions floating around too! Seriously, just grab your favorite fruit and you’re good to go!
Make sure to use unsweetened and pressed coconut water for the best results. We used Goya but Vita Coco is also a great option – just make sure you don’t get the “extra coconutty” kind that has coconut cream in it.
You can also use fresh coconut water if you have that available.
How To Make Nature’s Cereal
Honestly, this recipe couldn’t be easier!
- Start by washing your produce and peeling or chopping the fruit if needed.
- Add the fruit to a bowl with some ice cubes.
- Pour the coconut water over the fruit and eat with a spoon as you would a bowl of cereal.
One other really appealing thing about this recipe is that it’s naturally vegan! This makes it really appealing to pretty much everyone and even kids will love it – mine did!
Make It Extra
One of the beautiful things about this recipe is it’s simplicity, but if you want to kick things up a notch, here are a few ideas!
- Lemon juice or zest can add brightness to this bowl of berries.
- Mint not only makes for a beautiful garnish but adds to the fresh scent and flavor of the dish..
- Homemade Granola adds a bit of crunch.
- Serve in a coconut shell to feel like you’re at a fancy resort in the tropics!
If you love berry recipes, I have a ton! Here are a few of my other favorites!
Click the button above to save this delicious recipe to your board!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos!
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup blackberries
- ¼ cup ice cubes
- 6 ounces pure coconut water
- Add fruit and ice cubes to a bowl and pour in coconut water, stir and enjoy.
- Feel free to use any fresh fruit you’d like, about 1 1/2 cups is a serving.
- I don’t recommend using frozen fruit because it will be unpleasant to bite into and could get mushy.