Ben & Jerry. They’re the two men every woman can always count on. We all have our favorite flavor, for me, it’s Chunky Monkey! For those who may not be familiar with it, it’s a creamy banana ice cream with walnuts and chocolate chunks. Hey, that’s almost like getting a serving of fruit and protein, right? Do you think that makes it acceptable for breakfast?
So what do you do with your favorite ice cream, make a cupcake version of course! These fluffy chocolate cupcakes are filled with crunchy walnuts and topped with a creamy banana buttercream. These are perfect for a girl’s night with some good chick flicks, make them even better by throwing them in a bowl with a scoop of chunky monkey, oh, you know you want to!
Chunky Monkey Cupcakes
These Chunky Monkey Cupcakes are inspired by the famous Ben & Jerry's ice Cream! Chocolate, bananas and walnuts combine for an amazing sweet treat!Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 24 Cupcakes
- 1 cup 2 sticks Unsalted Butter
- 2 cups of Freeze Dried Sliced Bananas
- 4-5 cups Confectioners' Sugar
- 5-7 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Line cupcake pan.
- Combine all ingredients (except walnuts) in a stand mixer and beat until combined.
- Fold walnuts in.
- Fill cupcake liners 1/2 - 2/3 full.
- Reduce heat to 375 F.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until toothpick comes clean.
- Remove from oven and transfer cupcakes to cooling racks to finish cooling.
- Add freeze dried banana slices to a food processor and blend until you have a fine dust.
- Cream butter with mixer,
- Add vanilla.
- Slowly add banana and confectioners' sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add heavy cream a tbsp at a time if needed to reach desired consistency.
- Use a bag or decorator tool to pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes.
- Sprinkle with additional walnuts.
Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 194mg | Potassium: 113mg | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 3.1% | Vitamin C: 0.2% | Calcium: 5.4% | Iron: 6.2%
You might also like: