This Easy Strawberry Shortcake recipe is made with fresh strawberries, homemade whipped cream, and a delicious sugar biscuit for a classic summer dessert!
- 8 ct can large buttermilk biscuits
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla bean paste Optional, see notes
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
Preheat oven according to package instructions and your desired bake method and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Dip each biscuit into the melted butter and then into the sugar to coat evenly on all sides. And bake according to package directions. Usually, there are two baking options, I like the use the one that yields bigger biscuits, which usually means a slightly longer baking time.
In a large, cold bowl or stand mixer, beat together whipped cream ingredients, starting on low and increasing speed until stiff peaks form.
Slice the biscuit in half and top with whipped cream and strawberries.
- If vanilla bean paste is not used, double the vanilla.
- For even more flavor you can add 2 tablespoons of Grand Marnier, Triple Sec, or lemon juice and zest to the strawberry mixture.
Calories: 417kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 104mg | Sodium: 34mg | Potassium: 225mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 1150IU | Vitamin C: 69.9mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 0.5mg