Rice Krispies Treats
Rice Krispie Treats are loaded with salty butter, sweet marshmallow, and crunchy cereal, no one will be able to resist this easy and delicious no-bake dessert that's ready in less than 30 minutes!
Servings: 24 people
- 8 tablespoons salted butter
- 10 cups mini marshmallows divided
- 9 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray and set aside.
Melt the butter in a large pot, once the butter has melted, add in 8 cups of the marshmallows and stir continuously with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until the marshmallows have melted.
Add in the cereal, vanilla, and the remaining 2 cups of marshmallows and stir until the cereal is evenly coated.
Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish, spray your hands with non-stick spray and gently press the mixture into the pan, don't press down too hard or you'll end up with hard treats.
Allow the treats to cool for about 20 minutes before removing from the pan and slicing into 24 pieces.
- Coat your Hands with Non-Stick Spray: This helps prevent your fingers from sticking to the treat mixture and makes it easier to handle when pressing it into the pan.
- Don't Press Too Hard: You want your treats to be firm, but still chewy. Pressing too hard on the mixture when you put it in the pan will cause treats to become tough.
- Pick Your Butter: Normally with sweet treats you use unsalted butter, but when it comes to Rice Krispie Treats, I prefer to use salted, because half the deliciousness is from the salty buttery taste. However, you can use unsalted and add salt as needed or sprinkle the treats with sea salt just before serving.
- Add Vanilla: This isn't an overly common ingredient in Rice Krispies Treats, but it should be because it amplifies the flavor of the marshmallows and makes them taste that much better!
- Reserve Some Marshmallows: I don't like to melt all of my marshmallows into the mixture, I always reserve 2 cups to go in with the cereal because this leaves little pockets of marshmallow goodness throughout the treats. You can add in a couple more cups if you really want to load these babies up with marshmallows!
- Slice Just Before Serving: To ensure that your treats to get dried out or crispy around the edges, slice them just before serving!
- Shelf Life: Once they have been cut up, any that are not enjoyed immediately can be stored in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Calories: 135kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 99mg | Potassium: 11mg | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 735IU | Vitamin C: 5.9mg | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 2.9mg