Chopped Kale Salad
Chopped Kale Salad is loaded with kale, red grapes, orange bell peppers, white quinoa, grated carrots, European cucumbers, Craisins, and sliced almonds. Enjoy it as a wholesome side dish or top with chicken or chickpeas for a light and satisfying meal.
Servings: 8 people
- 1/2 cup uncooked white quinoa
- 4 cups de-stemmed kale, chopped
- 1 cup red grapes, halved
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 carrot*, grated
- 1 cup craisins
- 1/2 European cucumber, quartered and chopped
- 15 ounce can chick peas, drained and rinsed
Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
While the quinoa is cooking, prepare and add the remaining ingredients to a large bowl and toss to combine. Once quinoa has finished cooking, mix it into the salad.
Salad will keep in the fridge for 3 to 4 days without dressing, add dressing just before enjoying.
- Can use shredded carrots instead of grating a carrot.
- Chicken or crumbled bacon can be added if desired.
- Feta cheese may also be added.
Calories: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 24mg | Potassium: 581mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 5145IU | Vitamin C: 63.3mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 3.2mg