Planter’s Punch is a fruity cocktail that’s spiked with rum. Made with orange and pineapple juices, a splash of lime, grenadine, and dark or spiced rum, this tropical mixed drink is dangerously delicious!
Servings: 1 drink
- 2 ounces dark rum
- 2 ounces orange juice
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce grenadine
- splash club soda, optional
- orange slice, garnish
- pineapple slice, garnish
- maraschino cherry, garnish
Add rum, orange juice, pineapple juice, lime juice, and grenadine to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake for 20 seconds.
Fill a tall glass 3/4 of the way with ice and pour the shaker contents into the glass. Top with club soda, if desired, and garnish with orange, pineapple, and cherry. Serve with a straw.
- Ice - You will want to shake the ingredients WITH ice as well as pour over ice. The reason is that this cocktail has a lot of room temperature ingredients and shaking it with ice will help to cool the liquid down and prevent it from melting the ice in the glass really fast. No one likes a watered down drink!
- Rum - The foundation of this cocktail is rum, but you can make it your own by choosing different kinds of rum. Dark Rum is the classic spirit for this recipe, but if you'd rather do a spiced or white rum, that's fine too. A popular twist on this cocktail actually adds 1 ounce of each dark, spiced, and white to the drink for an extra strong cocktail. If you prefer coconut rum, I would actually recommend my Mai Tai cocktail instead!
- Make Ahead - If you do decide to make this as a punch for a large gathering, you can definitely make it ahead, just don't add the ice or club soda until just before serving!
Calories: 201kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 113mg | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 115IU | Vitamin C: 32.6mg