Crockpot Candy is loaded with peanuts, almond bark, and lots of chocolate and super easy to make in the slow cooker! Topped with some festive sprinkles, this pop-in-your-mouth treat is perfect for sharing during the holiday season.
Servings: 75 candies
Add the peanuts to a 4 or 6-quart crockpot, top with the almond bark, chocolate, chocolate chips, and salt. Do not stir together. Cook on low for 1 hour.
After 1 hour has passed stir the ingredients and cook on low for an addition 30 to 45 minutes and stir again. The chocolate and bark should be fully melted at this point, turn off the slow cooker.
Place two long strips of wax paper on a clean and level surface. Use a tablespoon to scoop out mounds of the chocolate covered peanuts and place them an inch apart on the wax paper. Sprinkle them with sea salt and sprinkles if desired. Allow to fully set before enjoying or packaging up.
- If you cannot find almond bark, substitute with white chocolate and add 1 tablespoon of shortening.
- Crockpot Candy will last up to 2 to 3 weeks in an airtight container and stored in a cool, dark place. You can also freeze it, and it’ll stay good for up to 18 months
- Crockpot Candy Variations:
- I like using round colored sprinkles during the holiday season to make this Slow Cooker Candy look extra festive (for instance, try orange and black for Halloween and green and red for Christmas!).
- You could also use milk chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet. Milk and dark chocolate blend really well!
- You can use any nut you’d like or if you’re looking to avoid nuts altogether, try using Chex or Rice Krispies cereals.
- People also love adding a cup of craisins to the mix for added flavor and texture.
Calories: 174kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 102mg | Potassium: 118mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 2IU | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg