Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
This Slow Cooker Turkey Breast is perfect for a small Thanksgiving or family dinner and the easiest way to make a juicy turkey with minimal prep and flavors of garlic, onion, and herbs.
Servings: 5 people
Brine the turkey for 8 to 12 hours using my Turkey Brine recipe. I recommend doing this the night before and letting it sit in the fridge overnight. You can also prepare the Herb Butter in advance so it's ready to go when the bird is.
Slice the onion and arrange the slices on the bottom of the slow cooker. Crush the garlic and add it to the slow cooker as well.
Remove the turkey from the brine and pat it dry with paper towels. Use your hands to rub the herb butter under the skin and all over the turkey. Place the turkey in the slow cooker over the top of the onions and garlic.
Cook for 4 to 5 hours on low heat or until the turkey reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Baste the turkey with the melted butter from time to time.
Optional Step: If you want a golden and crisp skin, once the turkey breast is done cooking in the slow cooker, transfer it to a baking dish and broil on low for a few minutes until desired coloring and crispiness is reached.
- This recipe actually only uses a half turkey breast, if using a full turkey breast, you will want to cut it in half and add additional butter. The turkey breast halves will need to be slightly layered to fit in the crockpot and will take additional cook time. Just monitor your temperatures to know when it's done.
- A 5lbs boneless turkey breast should take between 4 and 5 hours to cook on low heat. Slow cooking a smaller turkey breast will take less time and a larger one will take more. A bone-in turkey breast will take more time. The turkey breast is done when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Use bone-in turkey breast if possible, this will yeild a juicier turkey after cooking.
- Broil for a few minutes after the turkey is done in the crockpot for a crispy skin.
- Use a large oval shaped crockpot for best results.
Calories: 799kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 98g | Fat: 44g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Cholesterol: 342mg | Sodium: 1260mg | Potassium: 1159mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1225IU | Vitamin C: 3.1mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 2.6mg