This Slow Cooker Turkey Breast is perfect for a small Thanksgiving or family dinner and the easiest way to make a juicy turkey with minimal prep and flavors of garlic, onion, and herbs.
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
This Slow Cooker Turkey Breast is the easiest way to prepare juicy, tender turkey for a cozy, intimate dinner.
And, might I add, Thanksgiving will be here before we know it!
I love the idea of making Crock Pot Turkey Breast for smaller holiday celebrations.
If you’re hosting a few loved ones, why wrestle with a huge turkey and spend hours and hours cooking it?
JUST TAKE ME TO THE SLOW COOKER TURKEY BREAST RECIPE ALREADY!
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, I think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this deliciously easy Best Ever SLOW COOKER TURKEY BREAST Recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
Or perhaps you want your house filled with the aroma of roasted turkey before or after the big day.
If you’re not hosting the holiday but you want leftovers, make this Slow Cooker Turkey Breast to enjoy all week!
I know that’s what I like to do — after all, leftovers are the best part of Thanksgiving, right?!
Luckily, this recipe is as simple as it is flavorful, so you can make it anytime you want.
How To Cook Turkey Breast in a Crockpot:
First, the meat is brined in a Turkey Brine that has notes of orange, cinnamon, bay leaves, and pepper.
Next, the meat is then rubbed under and above the skin with a savory herb butter to add flavor and tenderness.
Then, line the bottom of the slow cooker with sliced white onions and crushed garlic cloves and place the turkey on top of them.
Finally, cook and enjoy a moist, delicious turkey breast made from the easiest recipe ever! Seriously… this is a foolproof way to cook a turkey breast, so it’s perfect for first-timers.
How long does it take to cook a turkey in a slow cooker?
This depends on the size of your turkey breast and whether or not it’s boneless or bone-in, a 5 lb boneless turkey breast should take between 4 and 5 hours to cook on low heat.
A smaller turkey breast will take less time and a larger one will take more.
A bone-in turkey breast will take more time.
The turkey breast is done when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
Everyone will love how tender and juicy this turkey breast is and you’ll love how easy it is to make!
The flavors of fresh herbs and warm onion and garlic will have you salivating before the turkey is even done!
Aside from inspiring a mini holiday meal, Crock Pot Turkey Breast tastes delicious in pot pies, salads, and soups.
In fact, with a bit of mayo and a spoonful of zesty cranberry sauce, this turkey makes an amazing sandwich.
Turkey is associated with big holiday meals, but with this Crock Pot Turkey Breast recipe, prep doesn’t have to be a production.
Make it for a small Thanksgiving gathering, a big Sunday dinner, or just because you have a hankering!
Pin this Crock Pot Turkey Breast Recipe for Later!
More Delicious Thanksgiving Recipes:
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can ask questions and see what’s new with Sugar & Soul! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #sugarandsoulco so I can see all the wonderful recipes YOU make from this site! You can also Subscribe to my Newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
- Brine the turkey for 8 to 12 hours using my Turkey Brine recipe. I recommend doing this the night before and letting it sit in the fridge overnight. You can also prepare the Herb Butter in advance so it's ready to go when the bird is.
- Slice the onion and arrange the slices on the bottom of the slow cooker. Crush the garlic and add it to the slow cooker as well.
- Remove the turkey from the brine and pat it dry with paper towels. Use your hands to rub the herb butter under the skin and all over the turkey. Place the turkey in the slow cooker over the top of the onions and garlic.
- Cook for 4 to 5 hours on low heat or until the turkey reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Baste the turkey with the melted butter from time to time.
- Optional Step: If you want a golden and crisp skin, once the turkey breast is done cooking in the slow cooker, transfer it to a baking dish and broil on low for a few minutes until desired coloring and crispiness is reached.