Ranch Chicken and Rice Casserole
Chicken and Rice Casserole is an easy one-dish chicken dinner recipe made with just six ingredients and takes 5 minutes to prep!
Servings: 6 people
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts1 trimmed
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1½ cups long-grain rice2
- 1½ cups chicken broth3
- 12 ounces Ranch dressing4
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese divided
- 1 cup croutons crushed
Preheat the oven to 325°F and spray a large casserole dish with cooking spray.
Arrange the chicken breasts in the dish and season with salt and pepper1.
Pour the rice into the baking dish, distributing it evenly around the chicken breasts.
In a large measuring cup or bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, Ranch dressing, and ½ cup of Parmesan cheese and gently pour over the chicken and rice.
Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 75 to 85 minutes until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°F AND all of the liquid has been absorbed.
Sprinkle the top of the casserole with the remaining Parmesan cheese then sprinkle the crushed croutons on top of the cheese. Bake uncovered for 5 minutes.
Remove and garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
- Instead of chicken breasts, you can use 8 to 10 boneless chicken thighs. No other adjustments need to be made.
- Long-grain rices include Basmati, Jasmine, and Brown rice. Any of these can be used in this recipe. DO NOT use Minute Rice!
- If you do not have chicken broth, water may be used but won't add as much flavor.
- Caesar dressing may be substituted for pretty much any creamy salad dressing such as Ranch, Creamy Italian, or Parmesan Peppercorn.
- You can add additional seasonings to the chicken if desired, popular options might include onion or garlic powder, paprika, or Italian seasonings.
Calories: 618kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 1227mg | Potassium: 436mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 174IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 239mg | Iron: 1mg