Crockpot Hot Chocolate
Crockpot Hot Chocolate is made with heavy cream, milk, sweetened condensed milk, chocolate, cocoa powder, and vanilla for the perfect hot drink for holiday parties and gatherings.
Servings: 12 people
- 1½ cups chocolate chips1
- ¼ cups cocoa powder2
- ¼ cups powdered sugar
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups mini marshmallows3
Add the chocolate chips, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, milk, and vanilla to a large crockpot and whisk together.4
Cook the mixture on low for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
After the 2 hours is up, stir in the marshmallows and let sit for about 10 minutes and stir them again, they should completely dissolve.
Hot Chocolate can be kept on warm all day. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- I like to use a bland of milk and dark chocolate chips for this recipe. But all of one kind can be used and semi-sweet may also be used.
- I prefer Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder for this recipe because it intensifies the chocolate flavor for an even richer hot chocolate. However, regular cocoa powder may be used if that's what you have.
- These marshmallows can be left out, but they really add a lot to the recipe - extra creamy, extra thick, extra vanilla! I would recommend using mini marshmallows as they will melt faster.
- It's important to whisk thoroughly to make sure the thick sweetened condensed milk get mixed in and the dry ingredients are mostly blended.
Calories: 488kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 136mg | Potassium: 341mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 48g | Vitamin A: 938IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 286mg | Iron: 1mg