Pineapple Casserole is a salty-sweet side dish that's popular in the South and always a hit at pot lucks.
Servings: 9 people
- 1/2 cup salted butter melted
- 40 Ritz crackers2 crushed
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, flour, sugar, and cheese. Transfer the mixture to a 9x9 or 10x10-inch baking dish. A 9 or 10-inch pie dish may also be used.
In a medium bowl, mix together the melted butter and crushed crackers until evenly coated.
Sprinkle the crackers over the top of the pineapple mixture and bake for 30 minutes. Serve warm.
- Granulated sugar may be used instead of light brown sugar.
- Other butter crackers may be used instead of Ritz, you should have about 1 1/2 to 2 cups of crushed crackers.
- For a larger crowd, double the recipe and bake in a 9x13-inch pan.
Calories: 396kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 368mg | Potassium: 218mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 630IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 235mg | Iron: 1mg