Slow Cooker Barbacoa Beef
Barbacoa Beef Recipe is a delicious and easy slow cooker dish made with chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, brown sugar, garlic, cumin, cloves, and limes for a spicy crowd favorite!
Servings: 12 people
Cut the roast into large chunks. and rub them all over with salt and pepper.
Place them a few at a time in a large skillet to sear on all sides, repeat until all of the meat has been seared. Transfer the meat to a crockpot.
Add all of the paste ingredients EXCEPT the bay leaves into a food processor and pulse until smooth. Pour the paste over the top of the meat and top with the bay leaves. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Stirring occasionally.
About 30 minutes to 1 hour before done, remove the bay leaves and pull the beef out of the crockpot. Shred it on a cutting board. Then add the beef and any juice back into the crockpot and stir it up.
Serve over tortillas, arepas, nachos, or in a salad. Drizzle with lemon juice just before serving.
- You want to cut the meat up into big chunks and sear them to get more flavor out of the dish, plus the meat will break down faster.
- This is 5 peppers from 1 can, not 5 cans of peppers. You can add more or less depending on how spicy ou want the recipe.
- Shelf Life:
- In Crockpot: On the “warm” setting for up to 4 hours after cooking.
- Refrigerator: 3 to 4 days in an air-tight container.
- Freezer: 3 months in a freezer bag, with excess air squeezed out.
Calories: 386kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 130mg | Sodium: 252mg | Potassium: 668mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 43IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 5mg