Roasted Vegetables are a great way to get the family to eat their veggies! Made with a medley of fresh produce, this side dish is extra flavorful thanks to a homemade herb-infused dressing.
Servings: 8 people
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 zucchini halved and sliced
- 1 summer squash halved and sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup snow peas
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley finely minced
Preheat oven to 450°F and spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
Peel and cube the sweet potato and place them on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
While the potatoes are baking, prepare the dressing by whisking all of the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
Prepare the rest of the veggies and add them in with the dressing mix. Once the 20 minutes have passed, remove the potatoes from the oven and add them to the bowl with the other veggies and toss to coat.
Dump all of the veggies back out onto the pan and roast for an additional 20 minutes.
Feel free to swap in your favorite vegetables or keep out the ones you don’t like! In particular, cruciferous vegetables and root vegetables roast nicely. Any root vegetables and tubers need the full 40 minutes to roast, the rest can be roasted for just the last 20 minutes! Try adding some of these veggies to your mix:
- Red onion
- Brussels sprouts
- Potatoes (any variety)
Calories: 153kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 189mg | Potassium: 562mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 9123IU | Vitamin C: 80mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 2mg