Roasted Vegetables are a great way to get the family to eat their veggies! Made with a medley of fresh produce, this easy side dish is extra flavorful thanks to a homemade herb-infused dressing.
Oven Roasted Vegetables Recipe
This Roasted Vegetables Recipe is made with zucchini, summer squash, peppers, snow peas, cherry tomatoes, and sweet potatoes. You can also create a mix all your own by using a blend of your family’s favorite veggies.
A simple dressing made with balsamic vinegar, oil, and seasoning elevates the flavors of these roasted vegetables. Just prep the veggies, toss them in dressing, then pop them in the oven.
Oh, and if you love balsamic, you might also enjoy my Sauteed Mushrooms recipe!
Roasted Vegetable Recipe Ingredients
Vegetables: You really can’t go wrong with roasted veggies of any kind. For this recipe, I use sweet potatoes, red and yellow bell peppers, zucchini, summer squash, cherry tomatoes, and snow peas.
Dressing: The base of this dressing is balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Next, a flavorful combination of garlic paste, fresh thyme, rosemary, and parsley, and salt and pepper are added.
This dressing isn’t just for this particular roasted vegetable recipe. It’s also delicious on salads and baked vegetables of all kinds!
How to make Roasted Veggies in Oven
This is such an easy recipe to make! You’ll roast your sweet potatoes or other root veggies on a sheet pan for 20 minutes before tossing in the dressing mixture along with the other vegetables and roasting until done.
How to make this Oven Roasted Vegetables Recipe ahead of time
While oven-roasted vegetables are easy enough to make on a weeknight, you can use this recipe for meal prep planning.
Peel and chop the veggies up to 3 days early (depending on what kinds you use) and store them in an airtight container in the fridge. The dressing can be prepared and refrigerated ahead of time, too.
When you’re ready, all you have to do is throw the veggies and dressing together, then bake. Although you’ll still need about 40 minutes of cooking time, you’ll save about 20 minutes of hands-on time.
How To Cut Vegetables For Roasting
The trick to cutting vegetables for roasting is to try to cut all the vegetables into a similar size so that they’re done roasting at roughly the same time. This will prevent having a mixture of vegetables that are burnt and undercooked.
I like to cut my red and yellow bell peppers into slices, sweet potatoes into cubes, zucchini and summer squash into slices and then halve them. For cherry tomatoes, I prefer to cut them in half since they cook relatively quickly.
Best Roasted Vegetables Recipe Variations
Feel free to swap in your favorite vegetables or keep out the ones you don’t like! In particular, cruciferous vegetables and root vegetables roast nicely. Any root vegetables and tubers need the full 40 minutes to roast, the rest can be roasted for just the last 20 minutes! Try adding some of these veggies to your mix:
- Red onion
- Brussels sprouts
- Potatoes (any variety)
Best Roasted Veggies Seasoning Ideas
We love these roasted veggies seasoned as is, but if you like to mix up recipes for flavor, here are some tasty ideas to try!
Other herbs, such as sage and basil, would both be great to try! For a kick of spice, try seasoning your veggies with crushed red pepper flakes, onion powder, smoked paprika, chili powder, cumin, or even curry powder!
Shop in your pantry and use whatever spices, seasonings, or herbs you already have on hand!
More like this Roasted Veggies Recipe
- Salt Roasted Sweet Potatoes – One of the simplest, tastiest ways to eat a sweet potato.
- Sauteed Mushrooms with Balsamic – Enjoy as a side or on top of a burger or steak.
- Chili Lime Sweet Potato Wedges – A flavorful, healthy alternative to French fries.
- Roasted Winter Squash with Brown Butter and Sage – A must-try for roasted vegetable fans.
- Orange Braised Carrots – Perfect for holiday dinners or any night, for that matter!
Roasted VegetablesPin It For Later
Click the button above to save this delicious recipe to your board!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review. I love hearing from you!
Don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges!
Roasted Veggies in Oven
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 zucchini halved and sliced
- 1 summer squash halved and sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup snow peas
- Preheat oven to 450°F and spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Peel and cube the sweet potato and place them on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the potatoes are baking, prepare the dressing by whisking all of the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Prepare the rest of the veggies and add them in with the dressing mix. Once the 20 minutes have passed, remove the potatoes from the oven and add them to the bowl with the other veggies and toss to coat.
- Dump all of the veggies back out onto the pan and roast for an additional 20 minutes.
Recipe Variations:Feel free to swap in your favorite vegetables or keep out the ones you don’t like! In particular, cruciferous vegetables and root vegetables roast nicely. Any root vegetables and tubers need the full 40 minutes to roast, the rest can be roasted for just the last 20 minutes! Try adding some of these veggies to your mix:
- Red onion
- Brussels sprouts
- Potatoes (any variety)