Oven Fried Chicken Breast
Oven Fried Chicken Breast is the healthier version of a comfort food favorite! Made with chicken breasts dredged in a spiced breadcrumb mixture, this easy recipe is light on fat but big on flavor!
Servings: 4 people
Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a medium bowl, beat together the egg and milk.
In a large bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, paprika, garlic powder, poultry seasoning, parsley, salt, and pepper.
Dip the chicken breasts into the egg/milk mixture then into the crumb mixture being sure to coat each piece with crumbs.
Place the coated chicken on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle the melted butter over the top of the chicken.
Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, or until the chicken has an internal temperature of 165°F. Allow your chicken to rest for about 5 minutes before slicing.
- You can drizzle olive oil over the chicken in place of butter.
- You can also add other spices to the chicken breast seasoning like onion powder, celery salt, oregano, basil, or chili powder for a spicy kick.
- Chicken thighs can be used in place of chicken breast, but it’ll change the cooking time.
- Enjoy these with your favorite dipping sauces like ketchup, BBQ sauce, or maple mustard sauce.
- Another idea is to melt a piece of mozzarella cheese on top. Add some fresh grated Parmesan and marinara sauce for an easy chicken Parmesan dish!
Calories: 647kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 58g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 229mg | Sodium: 1404mg | Potassium: 1018mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 909IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 160mg | Iron: 4mg