Apple Donut Slices
Apple Donut Slices are round slices of apple covered in a maple cream cheese yogurt frosting and yummy toppings!
Servings: 8 people
- 8 apples1
- 8 ounce whipped cream cheese2
- ¼ cup greek yogurt3
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup4
- sprinkles optional
- chopped nuts optional
- toffee bits optional
Slice the apples into rounds, discarding the tops and bottoms. Use the wide end of a round piping tip to remove the cores of the apple slices.
Mix together the whipped cream cheese, yogurt, and maple syrup in a small bowl. Spread the frosting on the apple slices. If you're making multiple colors, divide between bowls and use food coloring to get your desired colors.
Top with sprinkles, chopping nuts, toffee bits, or whatever else you can think of or leave them plain. consume immediately.
- I like using Honeycrisp apples, but Granny Smith apples are another great choice!
- Feel free to use a flavored whipped cream cheese, like strawberry! You can also use a regular brick of cream cheese but you'll need to let it soften to room temperature before mixing.
- I prefer vanilla yogurt for this recipe, but you can choose any flavor you want or you can use plain to cut down on sugar!
- Feel free to cut the maple syrup in half if you really want the cream cheese flavor to shine!
Calories: 209kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 96mg | Potassium: 254mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 479IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 1mg