This Homemade Strawberry Sauce is perfect for cheesecake, pancakes, biscuits, and more! Made with a handful of ingredients including fresh strawberries, sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice. And it requires less than 15 minutes of prep and cooking!
Servings: 2 cups
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 cups strawberries quartered or halved
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Whisk together the cornstarch and water and add to a small saucepan.
Add the strawberries, sugars, vanilla, and lemon juice to the saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until the mixture begins to simmer, stirring constantly.
Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Remove from heat and allow to cool in the pot before transferring to a serving dish or storing it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The mixture will thicken more as it cools.
- All brown or all granulated sugar can be used in this recipe.
- Lemon juice or vanilla may be omitted if you want the sauce to be tarter or sweeter.
- Store it in the refrigerator for about a week in an airtight container.
- To Freeze: Wait until the sauce completely cools and pour into freezer bags (and lay flat or freezable container (not glass). It should be good for 3 to 6 months.
Calories: 201kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 8mg | Potassium: 244mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 43g | Vitamin A: 37IU | Vitamin C: 87mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1mg