Cheesy Sausage Dip
Cheesy Sausage Dip is your new easy go-to appetizer! Made with crumbled sausage, diced tomatoes, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, mustard, green pepper, and spices.
Servings: 12 people
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 tablespoon Tex-Mex chili seasoning
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- 1 jalapeno pepper optional mix-in or topping
- 4 cherry tomatoes optional topping
- 2 scallions optional topping
- cilantro optional topping
Add the ground sausage and diced bell pepper to a large cast-iron skillet and cook over medium-high heat until the sausage has browned and the peppers are tender.
Drain any excess grease and reduce heat to medium-low. Add in the tomatoes, seasoning, mustard, and cream cheese and stir frequently until the cheese has melted.
Stir in the shredded cheese until fully melted and add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy immediately with tortilla chips or crackers.
- You can use sweet or hot sausage in this recipe.
- If you can't find tex-mex seasoning, go ahead and use chili powder instead.
- If you like your dip spicy, increase the tex-mex seasoning to 2 tablespoons.
- Add diced jalapeno pepper into the mixture if you like it hot.
- If the mixture cools and gets dry or you have leftovers, add 1/4 cup of milk when you reheat it to make it gooey again.
- Slow Cooker Directions:
- Brown the meat with the green peppers and drain the grease as you would if you were making it in a skillet.
- Then, add everything to your slow cooker and cook for 1 to 2 hours on low, until the cheese is melted and the dip is gooey. Reduce heat to warm and serve straight from the slow cooker.
Calories: 225kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 385mg | Potassium: 241mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 768IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 1mg