Roasted Tomato Soup
Roasted Tomato Basil Soup brings nostalgic warmth to chilly days! Made with fresh roasted tomatoes, vegetable broth, white wine vinegar, herbs, and spices, it’s a bowlful of comfort.
Servings: 5 people
- 3 pounds Roma tomatoes about 8 tomatoes
- 1 Signature Farms medium yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoon O Organics extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Signature Select kosher salt
- 3 cups O Organics vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon O Organics dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon O Organics paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon O Organics ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 450ºF and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Slice the tomatoes into 8 pieces each and remove the seeds and ribs and slice the onions into 1-inch thick slices.
Place the tomato, onion, and garlic on a rimmed parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and salt and toss to coat. Spread evenly on the baking sheet. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes. The onions should be translucent and tomatoes are slightly caramelized.
Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Then carefully transfer the tomatoes, onions, and garlic to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
Place the tomato mixture into a saucepan and add the vegetable broth, vinegar, basil, paprika, and pepper and stir to combine. Bring to a low simmer and remove from heat and serve.
- You can also blend the vegetables up with an immersion blender in a large pot.
Calories: 119kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1045mg | Potassium: 684mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 2666IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1mg