This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Shaw’s Supermarket. All opinions are 100% mine.
Roasted Tomato Basil Soup brings nostalgic warmth to chilly days! Made with fresh roasted tomatoes, vegetable broth, white wine vinegar, herbs, and spices, it’s a bowlful of comfort.
This recipe is part of Shaw’s Supermarket’s Remarkable Recipes program, featuring family-friendly meals that can be whipped up on any weeknight! And quick and easy is especially important during the busy holiday season!
Soup is the ultimate comfort food for cold weather and your family will love this Roasted Tomato Soup recipe. It’s also the perfect mate for a crispy, melty grilled cheese if I do say so myself!
Thanks to fresh tomatoes, herbs, and spices, it has a rich depth of flavor that kicks the canned stuff to the curb!
It’s definitely worth the extra effort to make it yourself, but don’t worry, this recipe is so easy, you can even make it on a weeknight!
To make things even easier, I shop at Shaw’s Supermarket to score top-quality ingredients at great prices. Join the just for U® program, and you’ll even earn points for cash toward purchases!
Tomato Soup Ingredients:
This velvety soup is made with fresh Roma tomatoes roasted with Signature Farms® yellow onions and garlic, salt, and a drizzle of O Organics® olive oil.
Once out of the oven, the mixture is pureed, then added to a saucepan with O Organics® vegetable stock, dried basil, paprika, and ground pepper, plus some white wine vinegar for tanginess.
You can find all of these items at Shaw’s! Be sure to look for their exclusive line of products including Lucerne®, Signature SELECT™, O Organics®, and Open Nature®!
I shopped at Shaw’s in Maine, but you can also find Signature Farms® yellow onions, O Organics® olive oil, O Organics® vegetable stock, and the rest of the recipe ingredients at the Albertsons Companies family of stores. This includes Albertsons, Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Randalls, Star Market, and Tom Thumb.
How To Make Roasted Tomato Soup
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and arrange the chopped vegetables and garlic on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and olive oil and roast.
2. Carefully transfer the cooked vegetables to a large blender and blend until smooth. You can also do this step with an immersion blender in a large pot.
3. Transfer the mixture to a large pot (if you haven’t already) and add the remaining ingredients, and bring to a low simmer. Enjoy hot.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Broth: You can swap vegetable broth for chicken broth, but of course, it’ll change the overall flavor.
Basil: If you have fresh basil on hand, you can definitely use it in place of the dried kind! It’ll even add more depth of flavor.
Sealed in an airtight container, it should be good in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
You can get 5 servings out of this recipe, each serving is about 1 cup. This makes a great light lunch or a cozy dinner when served with grilled cheese or bread.
This soup can be eaten on its own as a meal or as a side.
For toppings, try:
- Sour cream
- Cheddar cheese
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil leaves
- Parmesan flakes
- Parmesan crisps
For pairings, try:
- Grilled cheese (a classic!)
- Crusty bread with butter
- Garlic Parmesan Monkey Bread
- Garlic Parmesan Breadsticks
- Cheddar Drop Biscuits
Save Money At Shaw’s
What’s the best way to save money on groceries during the holiday season?
As a just for U® member, my favorite way is to shop at Shaw’s in Maine! You can sign up for the just for U® program on the Shaw’s app (text the word JOIN to 46359 to download it) or at www.shaws.com.
How does the just for U® program work?
When you sign up for an account and enter your phone number at checkout, you’ll automatically start earning points! Here’s how it works:
- Get 1 point per $1 you spend at Shaw’s. There are also lots of deals and promotions that allow you to earn even more points per dollar (as marked).
- 100 points = 1 Reward. Rewards can be redeemed for cash off of groceries or gas! 5 Rewards saves you $7 off your grocery bill, 7 Rewards saves you $10 off!
- Earn 10 Rewards and get $15 off your bill — this month only! It’s part of the Holiday Rewards program, which runs through November. That means you could earn extra savings off your Thanksgiving groceries!
- Receive personalized coupons and deals. You’ll get savings on items you actually buy! I love getting digital coupons in my Shaw’s app and I always scan the circular for HOT deals, which offer HUGE savings!
On my latest grocery haul (which included my Roasted Tomato Soup ingredients), I earned $1 toward my $15 Reward, which I’m saving up for my holiday groceries!
How Shaw’s Makes Meal Planning Easier
Remarkable Recipes Program
Stumped for weeknight meal inspiration? Believe it or not, at times, me too!
To help shoppers discover quick, easy, and comforting family meal ideas for any weeknight, Shaw’s unrolled the Remarkable Recipes program!
The program features signage on select recipe ingredients throughout the store, along with a photo of the final recipe. Simply scan the accompanying QR code, and you’ll have the recipe in-hand!
It’s like a shopping scavenger hunt, and it’s especially helpful for those times when you head to the store without a list (!). Finally, an answer to the question, “What’s for dinner?”
Shaw’s Grocery Delivery & Pick Up
Whether you have kids (like me!) or you just want to skip the line, Shaw’s Grocery Delivery & Pick Up services makes grocery shopping infinitely easier.
Choose delivery, and you can shop online, then your groceries will arrive at your door. Even better, you can still shop Remarkable Recipes on the Shaw’s website!
Choose Pick Up, and you can stop in the Shaw’s parking lot and your pre-ordered groceries will be brought right to your car.
Either way, ordering online makes food planning easy and you won’t have to step foot in the store.
As a mom, being able to get groceries without bringing two littles along is a total lifesaver! I usually use Shaw’s Delivery to buy my ingredients, but if I know I’ll be out and about, I opt for Shaw’s Pick Up!
More Than Just Shaw’s …
No Shaw’s in your area? That’s okay!
You can shop for quality house brands at the Albertsons Companies family of stores. This includes Albertsons, Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Randalls, Star Market, and Tom Thumb.
More Vegetable Soup Recipes:
- Sweet Potato Soup – Thick and creamy, it’s made extra flavorful with the addition of chicken stock!
- Lentil Soup – This wholesome vegan soup makes a hearty meal on its own.
- Loaded Cauliflower Soup – A healthy alternative to a loaded baked potato!
- French Onion Soup – A tasty light meal or impressive first course for dinner guests.
- Slow Cooker Creamy Wild Rice Soup – A vegetarian meal made easy in the slow cooker.
Roasted Tomato SoupPin It For Later
Click the button above to save this delicious recipe to your board!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos!
Roasted Tomato Soup
- 3 pounds Roma tomatoes about 8 tomatoes
- 1 Signature Farms medium yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoon O Organics extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Signature Select kosher salt
- 3 cups O Organics vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon O Organics dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon O Organics paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon O Organics ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Slice the tomatoes into 8 pieces each and remove the seeds and ribs and slice the onions into 1-inch thick slices.
- Place the tomato, onion, and garlic on a rimmed parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and salt and toss to coat. Spread evenly on the baking sheet. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes. The onions should be translucent and tomatoes are slightly caramelized.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Then carefully transfer the tomatoes, onions, and garlic to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place the tomato mixture into a saucepan and add the vegetable broth, vinegar, basil, paprika, and pepper and stir to combine. Bring to a low simmer and remove from heat and serve.
- You can also blend the vegetables up with an immersion blender in a large pot.