Christmas Krispies Treats
These Christmas Rice Krispie Treats are made with butter, marshmallows, cereal, candy, and more for a festive no-bake dessert that's ready in no time!
Servings: 15 people
Premeasure all ingredients before you begin cooking and line a 9x13-inch baking sheet with parchment paper and coat with non-stick spray; set aside.
In a large saucepan, melt the butter, salt, and 8 cups of marshmallows together until smooth.
Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Followed but the remaining 2 cups of marshmallows and the cereals until fully coated.
Gently and quickly fold in the M&Ms and sprinkles then transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish.
Top with extra M&M’s and sprinkles, if desired, and use parchment paper or greased hands to gently press the mixture into the pan.
Allow to set for 30 minutes before removing from the pan and cutting into squares.
- Salted butter may also be used.
- Corn chex may be used in place of rice chex, but I wouldn’t use wheat chex.
- Don’t add the M&M’s in too soon or the color will bleed throughout the mixture.
- Don’t press too hard on the mixture or it will make them tough and hard.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks at room temperature.
Calories: 294kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 300mg | Potassium: 23mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 1070IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 5mg