Tzatziki Sauce uses just a handful of ingredients to make an authentic Greek recipe that’s loaded with fresh flavors and ready in just 10 minutes!
Servings: 8 people
- 2 cups greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt pepper to taste
- fresh dill and/or mint optional
Peel the cucumber and cut it into quarters lengthwise. Remove the seeds and grate it finely.
Place the grated cucumber on a clean kitchen towel and wring out the excess water.
Add all ingredients into a bowl and stir together.
Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with bread and/or vegetables. Tastes also amazing with bifteki, gyros, and other spicy meats.
- A lot of greek restaurants add fresh chopped dill and/or mint to the tzatziki. Try a bit first and see how you like it, then add the herbs to your liking. Dried herbs will also work. generally, no other herbs than these are not used.
- You can adjust the amount of garlic to your taste.
Calories: 67kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 310mg | Potassium: 126mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 27IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 1mg