Burger Bowls are loaded with ground beef, vegetables, and cheese and topped with a flavorful special sauce drizzled over the top! This lighter dinner option completely satisfies that hearty burger craving while simultaneously shaving some of the carbs off!
Servings: 3 people
- 6 slices bacon chopped into small pieces
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 head of butter lettuce or sliced romaine lettuce
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes cut in half lengthwise
- ½ red onion sliced into rings
- 1 cup sliced pickles
- shredded cheddar cheese optional topping
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
Add the bacon to a large pan and cook over medium heat until crisp.
Spoon the bacon out onto a separate plate but leave the bacon grease in the pan and add the ground beef, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and chili powder.
Stir and cook until the beef turns a dark brown color then strain out the excess grease from the pan and discard.
Layer the lettuce in the bowl, then add some of the ground beef, bacon, tomatoes, onions, pickles, and cheese if using.
In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, ketchup, pickle relish, and mustard together until smooth. Taste and add more relish, ketchup, or mustard as desired.
Drizzle the sauce over the burger bowls and serve.
- The ground beef can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- ground turkey or chicken may be used in place of beef.
- Bacon may be omitted.
Calories: 702kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 54g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 138mg | Sodium: 1653mg | Potassium: 1004mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2425IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 5mg