Air Fryer Hand Pies
These Air Fryer Hand Pies are a delicious treat that’s ready in under 20 minutes using only 4 ingredients and are completely customizable to your preferred filling!
Servings: 7 pies
- 1 (14 oz.) package refrigerated pie crust or double pie crust recipe
- 21 ounces pie filling about 2 cups if using homemade
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- Coarse sugar optional topping
Preheat the air fryer to 350°F for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, roll out the pie crusts and use a 3½ to 4-inch round biscuit cutter to cut 6 to 7 rounds out of each one.
1 (14 oz.) package refrigerated pie crust
Add a tablespoon of pie filling to half of the rounds, if using a pie filling with big pieces such as apple or peach, you’ll want to chop it up a bit first.
21 ounces pie filling
Run a water-dipped finger or pastry brush around the edge of the pie crusts with filling on them then place the remaining pie rounds on top of the filled ones and use a fork to seal the edges.
In a small bowl, beat together the egg and water to make an egg wash and use a pastry brush to brush it over the tops of the pies then sprinkle with coarse sugar if desired.
1 large egg, 1 teaspoon water, Coarse sugar
Cook the pies for 6 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
- I used a Cosori air fryer and can cook 4 pies at a time, other brands with smaller or round baskets may hold less.
- I used a 3½ -inch cutter and it made 7 pies, a 4-inch cutter will yield 6. This is based on premade pie crusts, a homemade recipe may yield more.
- You can use any flavor filling for these.
- If you want to make half-moon shaped pies instead of round, you will need a 5-inch round cutter, then just add the filling to one side and fold it over and seal.
- Try adding cinnamon or chocolate chips to store-bought filling to mix it up a bit.
- These pies can also be dipped in a glaze like my Apple Hand Pies.
Calories: 95kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 50mg | Potassium: 47mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 54IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg