These Air Fryer Hand Pies are a delicious treat that’s ready in under 20 minutes using only 4 ingredients and are completely customizable to your preferred filling!
These Air Fryer Hand Pies come out beautifully golden brown with a warm, gooey filling! Make up a batch of these for dessert and they’ll disappear quicker than it even took to make them!
Why This Recipe Works
So Easy! Making pie doesn’t get easier than refrigerated pie crust, canned filling, and then quickly air fried!
Quick! The ease of the ingredients makes these pies come together quickly! Warm pie in just 20 minutes? Yes, please!
Endless Variations! You can literally make any flavor pie you want using canned store-bought filling or even your favorite homemade filling! Scroll down to see a list of variations to try!
Handheld Dessert! A single handheld dessert doesn’t just taste good but they’re also so fun to eat!
Air Fryer Hand Pie Ingredients
All you need for these quick hand pies are refrigerated pie crust, pie filling, an egg, and water. Then coarse sugar is used to sprinkle over the tops of the pies!
How To Make Air Fryer Hand Pies
Preheat the air fryer.
Roll out the pie crusts and use a biscuit cutter to cut rounds out of the crust. Next, add pie filling to half of the rounds, brushing the edges with water.
Assemble the hand pies by adding a remaining pie crust round on top of the filled ones. Seal the edges with a fork.
Beat the egg and water together to make an egg wash and then brush it over the tops of the pies. Sprinkle with coarse sugar if desired.
Cook the pies until the tops are golden brown.
Delicious Variations To Try!
- Try a different flavor! Fillings such as apple pie, cherry, blueberry, or even peach!
- Mix it up by adding cinnamon or some mini chocolate chips to the store-bought filling!
- Dip the hand pies in a glaze by using the glaze recipe from my Apple Hand Pies!
- Switch up the shape by making them into half-moon pies by using a 5-inch round cutter! Just put filling on one side and fold it over then seal the edges.
- Exchange the store-bought filling for your favorite homemade filling!
Frequently Asked Questions
How Many Pies Can I Cook At Once?
I used a Cosori air fryer and was able to cook 4 pies at one time. Other brands with smaller or round baskets may hold less.
Can I Reheat Leftover Air Fryer Hand Pies?
Yes, just reheat them at a lower temperature so the filling will warm up without burning the crust.
How Do I Bake These Hand Pies Instead Of Air Frying Them?
You can bake them on a baking sheet in the oven at 375°F. Allow them to cook for 24 to 27 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
These Air Fryer Cherry Hand Pies always hit the spot when the craving hits for that fruity pie taste! Here are more great fruit pie recipes to try that I think you’ll love!
- Cranberry Pie Recipe – Made with a shortbread crust and a sweet cranberry filling topped with homemade whipped cream!
- Impossible French Apple Pie – Piled full of spiced apples and finished off with a crumbly pecan and butter topping!
- Berry Pie – The perfect combination of sweet and tart flavors using strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries!
- Strawberry Jello Pie – Filled with ripe, juicy strawberries in your choice of pie crust then topped with homemade whipped cream!
- Dutch Apple Pie – A perfectly flaky pie crust overflowing with apples and covered in a tasty crumb topping!
Air Fryer Hand PiesPin For Later
CLICK THE BUTTON ABOVE TO SAVE THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE TO YOUR BOARD!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos!
Air Fryer Hand Pies
- 1 (14 oz.) package refrigerated pie crust or double pie crust recipe
- 21 ounces pie filling about 2 cups if using homemade
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- Coarse sugar optional topping
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roll out the pie crusts and use a 3½ to 4-inch round biscuit cutter to cut 6 to 7 rounds out of each one.1 (14 oz.) package refrigerated pie crust
- Add a tablespoon of pie filling to half of the rounds, if using a pie filling with big pieces such as apple or peach, you’ll want to chop it up a bit first.21 ounces pie filling
- Run a water-dipped finger or pastry brush around the edge of the pie crusts with filling on them then place the remaining pie rounds on top of the filled ones and use a fork to seal the edges.
- In a small bowl, beat together the egg and water to make an egg wash and use a pastry brush to brush it over the tops of the pies then sprinkle with coarse sugar if desired.1 large egg, 1 teaspoon water, Coarse sugar
- Cook the pies for 6 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
- I used a Cosori air fryer and can cook 4 pies at a time, other brands with smaller or round baskets may hold less.
- I used a 3½ -inch cutter and it made 7 pies, a 4-inch cutter will yield 6. This is based on premade pie crusts, a homemade recipe may yield more.
- You can use any flavor filling for these.
- If you want to make half-moon shaped pies instead of round, you will need a 5-inch round cutter, then just add the filling to one side and fold it over and seal.
- Try adding cinnamon or chocolate chips to store-bought filling to mix it up a bit.
- These pies can also be dipped in a glaze like my Apple Hand Pies.