Brioche French Toast
The Best Brioche French Toast is soaked in a rich and creamy egg wash, then cooked to a mouth-watering golden brown! A sweet breakfast option the whole family will be excited to see in the morning!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 (16 oz.) loaf brioche bread 1-inch slices
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- ⅔ cup half & half
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- salted butter for serving
- maple syrup for serving
- fruit for serving
Preheat a griddle to 275°F.
In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and yolk. Add the half and half, vanilla extract, sugar, salt, and cinnamon and whisk until fully incorporated with the eggs.
Place a slice of brioche face down in the bowl, then flip, covering both sides of the bread with the egg mixture. Repeat with the other slices.
Place the brioche slices on your preheated griddle and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown, then flip and repeat on the other side.
Remove from the griddle and serve warm with syrup, fruit, powdered sugar, or your favorite topping.
- Most store-bought brioche loaves have about 8 slices in them, so a serving is 2 slices per person.
- Homemade brioche could also be used or this recipe also works with Challah, French bread, white bread, and Texas toast. I find that 1 to 1½-inch thick slices work best
- A ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg can also be added to the egg wash.
Calories: 609kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 345mg | Sodium: 642mg | Potassium: 91mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1353IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 128mg | Iron: 2mg