The Best Brioche French Toast is soaked in a rich and creamy egg wash, then cooked to a mouth-watering golden brown! A sweet breakfast option the whole family will be excited to see in the morning!
This Brioche French Toast is loaded with a perfectly balanced sweet flavor, making this recipe your new go-to breakfast dish! It starts with using half-and-half instead of milk, adding in some sugar, and finishing it off with a splash of vanilla extract!
Why I Love This Recipe
- Brioche Bread! Has a high egg and butter content making the base of this french toast rich and tender!
- Half & Half! Makes this delicious breakfast creamy while adding in an even more rich flavor!
- Quick! Both the prep time and cook time are just 5 minutes!
- Toppings! Sprinkle it with powdered sugar, pile on the fresh berries, cover it in maple syrup, or bury it in whipped cream! Or do all of the above, no one’s judging!
Brioche French Toast Ingredients
This easy brioche French toast recipe comes together quickly using just a handful of ingredients!
- Brioche Bread – One-inch slices work best!
- Eggs And Egg Yolk – Adds the necessary fats to create richness and hold in the flavors!
- Half & Half – Could also use milk or a milk alternative.
- Granulated Sugar – Used to add in a little more sweetness!
- Vanilla Extract – Brings in another dimension of delicious flavor!
- Salt – This helps to balance out all of the sweetness!
- Cinnamon Or Nutmeg – The warm, cozy flavors we all love! Both are optional additions to this recipe that can be added to the egg wash.
The best part of anything is always the toppings! Grab butter, maple syrup, and fresh fruit to top this cinnamon french toast with!
French Toast Bread
There’s a lot of different bread options when it comes to making French toast, and really any bread would work! Regardless of which type of bread you choose to use, one of the most important parts is making sure each bread slice is about an inch thick.
- For this recipe, I recommend brioche bread. You can easily buy it at the store or make Homemade Brioche!
- You can also use Challah Bread. It’s a close relative to brioche bread, both are enriched yeast bread!
- French Baguette is another option that’s denser, making for a chewier french toast.
- Texas toast is another great choice due to its thickness!
- White bread or anything you have on hand will also work! Just keep in mind it will yield a different taste at the end!
How To Make Brioche French Toast
- Beat the eggs and yolk together and then add in the half and half, vanilla extract, sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Dip each slice of brioche in the egg mixture, making sure to coat each side.
- Cook the slices on your preheated griddle for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Serve warm off the griddle with your favorite toppings!
Do I Have To Cook This On A Griddle?
No, you can also cook the French toast in a skillet over medium heat!
Keep Your Stacks Warm!
When making up a large batch, you’ll want to keep your French toast warm when its not on the griddle or in the skillet. To do so place the cooked slices on a baking sheet and place them in a heated oven.
Can I Store Leftovers?
Yes, if you have any leftover French toast you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat it you can just put the slices on a plate and microwave it!
Fixing up a plate of Brioche French Toast is a great way to start your weekend off! Check out more of my favorite recipes to use when mixing up your next batch of french toast!
- Apple Pie French Toast – Stuffed with luscious apple pie dip and creamy mascarpone for a dessert-like breakfast!
- Overnight Caramel Macchiato French Toast – Uses coffee mate caramel macchiato liquid creamer for a delicious start to your day!
- Berry Stuffed French Toast – Combines macerated berries with sweet mascarpone for a fruity and creamy breakfast plate!
- Irish Cream French Toast – Slices of brioche dipped in a boozy egg mixture and then browned to perfection!
- Champagne Raspberry Baked French Toast – Easily prep it the night before so all you have to do is bake it in the morning!
Brioche French Toast
Click the button above to save this delicious recipe to your board!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review; I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Busy Family Recipes Facebook Community and share them there!
Brioche French Toast
- Preheat a griddle to 275°F.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and yolk. Add the half and half, vanilla extract, sugar, salt, and cinnamon and whisk until fully incorporated with the eggs.
- Place a slice of brioche face down in the bowl, then flip, covering both sides of the bread with the egg mixture. Repeat with the other slices.
- Place the brioche slices on your preheated griddle and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown, then flip and repeat on the other side.
- Remove from the griddle and serve warm with syrup, fruit, powdered sugar, or your favorite topping.
- Most store-bought brioche loaves have about 8 slices in them, so a serving is 2 slices per person.
- Homemade brioche could also be used or this recipe also works with Challah, French bread, white bread, and Texas toast. I find that 1 to 1½-inch thick slices work best
- A ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg can also be added to the egg wash.