Apple French Toast is like dessert for breakfast, made with pan-grilled French bread that’s stuffed with a luscious mixture of apple pie dip and creamy mascarpone.
Whether for breakfast, brunch, or a special occasion, Apple French Toast definitely kicks traditional French toast up a notch!
This decadent recipe combines two classics: French toast and apple pie. It’s the perfect recipe to make on lazy weekend mornings, and you’ll be craving the caramel-apple goodness well into fall (and beyond).
By the way, if you haven’t tried stuffed French toast recipes, you’re missing out! Berry Stuffed French Toast and Maple & Vanilla Stuffed French Toast are two of my other favorites!
What Is Apple French Toast?
This Stuffed French Toast recipe is made with thick slices of French bread and an apple and mascarpone filling. The apple mixture tastes like the center of a pie, consisting of tender apple chunks, brown sugar, caramel, and spices.
Truthfully, it would be more accurate to say that the French toast is a sandwich” as opposed to it being “stuffed.” That’s because the mascarpone and apple filling are placed between two pieces of bread, dipped in egg wash, then pan-grilled.
How Do You Make Apple French Toast?
- The first step in this recipe is to make that scrumptious apple filling! The chopped apples, along with a few other ingredients, are all combined in a pot and cooked. The end result is a delicious sauce filled with tender chunks of baked apples.
- Next, the French bread is sliced and slice down the middle.
- Then, you’ll make the creamy mascarpone filling and spread the inside of each slice of bread with it.
- Then the apple mixture is spooned on top of the cheese.
- Finally, you’ll beat together your eggs wash and dip each side of the french toast in it.
- Then cook until golden brown on each side.
Almond milk can be used in the egg wash instead of regular milk. Also, cream cheese or Neufchâtel (a French cheese) can also be used instead of mascarpone.
What Can You Serve Apple French Toast With?
You can also add apple slices, and of course, don’t forget the maple syrup! This Spiced Vanilla Syrup Recipe also makes a tasty topping, especially for fall!
This apple topped Stuffed French Toast recipe is an easy way to give breakfast or brunch an upgrade! Summer, fall, spring, or winter … your family will love diving into this tasty meal at any time of year!
Apple Pie French ToastPin It For Later
Click the button above to save this delicious recipe to your board!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review; I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Busy Family Recipes Facebook Community and share them there!
Apple Pie French Toast
- Prepare the Apple Pie Dip according to the recipe directions.
- Cut French bread into approximately 12, 1 1/2-inch thick slices, then slice them in the center but don't cut all the way through.
- In a separate bowl, using a hand or stand mixer, whip the Mascarpone cheese, sugar, and heavy cream together until fluffy.
- Use a rubber spatula or knife to spread some of the cheese mixture on of the inner slit of each slice of bread. Then add some of the apple pie dip into the french toast with the cheese mixture.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, flour, and vanilla extract. Quickly dip each side of the bread in the egg mixture and place it in a preheated and buttered skillet or griddle. Repeat this step for the rest of the french toast.
- Cook over medium-low heat until golden on both sides and filling becomes melty. Make sure to add butter as needed.
- Spoon some of the remaining apple pie dip over the top and drizzle with maple syrup or caramel sauce and top with whipped cream.
- Also, cream cheese or Neufchâtel (a French cheese) can also be used instead of mascarpone.
- Almond milk can be used in the egg wash instead of regular milk.
- Nutritional Information is based on 2 slices per serving and does not include toppings.