Mac and Cheese In A Mug
Mac and Cheese In A Mug is a deliciously cheesy TikTok trend that everyone's running to the kitchen to make! And the best part? It only takes 5 minutes and a handful of ingredients!
- ½ cup short pasta such as elbows, penne, or medium shells
- ½ cup water
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- parsley optional garnish
Add pasta, water, and salt to a large mug and microwave for 4 to 4½ minutes.
Remove from the microwave and stir in the cheese and milk, microwave for an additional 30 seconds or until pasta is tender and the cheese is fully melted.
- An additional 30 seconds of cook time may need to be added to both rounds of microwaving depending on the style and brand of pasta you use.
- You do not want the pasta to be completely soft before adding the cheese since you'll need to microwave after adding the cheese and no one likes mushy pasta.
- I tested this with both elbow macaroni and penne pasta, the elbows took 4 minutes to cook before adding the cheese whereas the penned took 4 1/2 minutes.
Calories: 480kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 824mg | Potassium: 221mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 693IU | Calcium: 574mg | Iron: 1mg