These classic drop biscuits are deliciously buttery and perfect for breakfast or dinner! Made with just 5 ingredients and ready in less than 30 minutes start to finish - the whole family will love this easy recipe!
Servings: 16 biscuits
Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
Using a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the flour mixture until butter is worked into pea-sized balls, but don’t overmix.
Fold the milk into the batter just until combined being careful not to overmix, your dough should look sticky and thick.
Using a large cookie scoop, drop biscuits 2 to 3 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before brushing on the melted salted butter.
- You can add ½ cup shredded cheese to the biscuit mixture.
- You can also add garlic powder to the butter that gets brushed on.
- Use these for sweet dessert-like shortcakes and brush honey butter or unsalted butter on top and sprinkle with sugar or cinnamon sugar.
- These will keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container at room temperature.
- My husband loves using these to make easy breakfast sandwiches.
Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 332mg | Potassium: 230mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 491IU | Calcium: 109mg | Iron: 2mg