Peach Iced Tea
Peach Iced Tea mixes freshly steeped tea with homemade peach simple syrup for the perfect summertime drink that you'll instantly love!
Servings: 4 people
- 4 cups water
- 4 black tea bags
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 lemon juiced
- ½ cup Peach Simple Syrup plus more to reach desired sweetness
To make the simple syrup, combine the peaches, water, and sugar in a small pot and bring to a simmer, let simmer for 10 minutes then remove from heat and allow to cool completely before using, about 30 minutes
Strain the syrup through a fine mesh sieve before using to separate the fruit out. Discard the fruit, reserve for the final tea when serving, or serve it over ice cream.
While the syrup cools, add 2 cups of water to a teapot or pot and bring to a boil. Add the tea bags and let steep for 5 minutes.
Remove the tea bags, squeezing to retain any excess water and tea, and then add the 2 remaining cups of water to a pitcher with the tea.
Stir in baking soda, lemon juice, and peach syrup. Add sliced lemons and peaches to the pitcher if desired and chill for 1 hour before serving.
- The syrup recipe should yield about ¾ cup of syrup. If you like sweet tea you can add all of it to the recipe.
- This recipe can easily be doubled for large gatherings.
- I have used both Earl Grey and regular Lipton black tea to make this recipe and both are delicious. The Lipton has more of that classic iced tea flavor and bite, but the earl grey adds a nice smoothness to the drink.
- The baking soda is used to smooth out any bitter flavor from the tea.
- More lemon juice can be added if desired.
Calories: 120kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 288mg | Potassium: 111mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 131IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg