Peach Iced Tea mixes freshly steeped tea with homemade peach simple syrup for the perfect summertime drink that you’ll instantly love!
Cool down on those hot summer days with more ice-cold drinks like my Homemade Sweet Tea that requires just 10 minutes of hands-on time or this Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade that’s made with only 5 ingredients!
This Peach Iced Tea will give you something to look forward to all summer long! With its peachy color and crisp, refreshing taste there really isn’t anything that you won’t love about it!
Even making it is super easy! Only 6 ingredients are needed along with about 30 minutes of hands-on prep. Before you know it you’ve just filled your cutest summer drink dispenser with a beverage everyone will look forward to drinking!
I love that this recipe allows you to even make or prep it a few days in advance. I mean, who doesn’t love getting to the day of a party that they’re hosting and only have to do minimal work to enjoy the day?
To mix up a batch of this Homemade Peach Iced Tea Recipe you’ll start by making what’s called the peach simple syrup. For this you’ll need:
- Peaches – Frozen peaches work best!
- Water – To help form the syrup consistency.
- Granulated Sugar – Sweetens the simple syrup up!
Once the simple syrup has completely cooled you’ll begin mixing up the pitcher of Iced Tea. This is made with:
- Water – Used to boil and steep the tea bags. More is added in the end to increase the volume.
- Black Tea Bags – I’ve used both Earl Grey and regular Lipton black tea to make this recipe. Both came out delicious!
- Baking Soda – Used to smooth out any bitter flavor from the tea.
- Lemon – Squeezed!
- Peach Simple Syrup – Gives this Iced Tea its peach flavor!
Then serve it in a tall glass with ice cubes and sliced lemons and/or fresh peaches for garnish!
How To Make Peach Iced Tea
- Simmer peaches, water, and sugar in a small pot to begin making the peach simple syrup. Then remove from heat and allow it to cool completely.
- Separate the fruit from the syrup by straining the mixture through a mesh strainer.
- Add water to a teapot or pot and bring to a boil. Then add the tea bags and let steep.
- Remove the tea bags, squeezing them out to release any water or tea, and add the remaining water to the pitcher with the tea.
- Stir in baking soda, lemon juice, and peach syrup. Add peach slices and cut up lemons to the pitcher and chill in the refrigerator.
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Store
You can store this Peach Iced Tea in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. If you’re making it ahead of time I recommend adding in the sliced lemons and peaches about an hour before serving.
Can I Use Fresh Peaches To Make The Simple Syrup?
Fresh peaches can be hard to work with and unpredictable in flavor. For the best tasting peach simple syrup stick with frozen peaches since they were harvested and frozen at their peak ripeness to ensure the best flavor!
What Can I Do With The Leftover Peach Simple Syrup?
You can store it in a sealed bottle in the refrigerator for up to one week. Use any leftovers in other cold beverages or even over ice cream!
Most people look forward to tasty grilled food when summer hits, but it’s the refreshing, new drinks like this Peach Iced Tea that get me excited! For more exciting summer drinks grab another recipe from below!
- Rainbow Sherbet Punch – This sweet party drink is made with sparkling grape juice, lemon-lime soda, and lots of sherbet, ready in just 5 minutes!
- Cranberry Lemonade – Just mix together three easy ingredients and then garnish with lemon slices, mint, and cranberries!
- Apple Iced Tea – Freshly brewed black tea, sweet apple juice, finished off with a squeeze of lemon and freshly sliced apples!
- Roasted Strawberry Lemonade – Citrusy lemons collide with sweet strawberries the perfect summer drink to sip on!
- Homemade Raspberry Iced Tea – Made with only 4 ingredients for a refreshing sweet drink you’ll make all summer long!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review. I love hearing from you!
Don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges!
Peach Iced Tea
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- To make the simple syrup, combine the peaches, water, and sugar in a small pot and bring to a simmer, let simmer for 10 minutes then remove from heat and allow to cool completely before using, about 30 minutes1 cup frozen peaches, ½ cup water, ½ cup granulated sugar
- Strain the syrup through a fine mesh sieve before using to separate the fruit out. Discard the fruit, reserve for the final tea when serving, or serve it over ice cream.
- While the syrup cools, add 2 cups of water to a teapot or pot and bring to a boil. Add the tea bags and let steep for 5 minutes.4 cups water, 4 black tea bags
- Remove the tea bags and add the 2 remaining cups of water to a pitcher with the tea.
- Stir in baking soda, lemon juice, and peach syrup. Add sliced lemons and peaches to the pitcher if desired and chill for 1 hour before serving.1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 lemon, ½ cup Peach Simple Syrup
- The syrup recipe should yield about ¾ cup of syrup. If you like sweet tea you can add all of it to the recipe.
- This recipe can easily be doubled for large gatherings.
- I have used both Earl Grey and regular Lipton black tea to make this recipe and both are delicious. The Lipton has more of that classic iced tea flavor and bite, but the earl grey adds a nice smoothness to the drink.
- The baking soda is used to smooth out any bitter flavor from the tea.
- More lemon juice can be added if desired.