Easter Rice Krispie Treats
Easter Rice Krispie Treats are sweet, chewy no-bake squares that are made with three kinds of cereal, marshmallows, sprinkles, and M&Ms! Takes only 10 minutes of hands-on time to prepare!
Servings: 20 people
- ½ cup salted butter
- 10 cups mini marshmallows divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Frosted Cheerios
- 1 cup Easter M&Ms
- 2 teaspoons Easter sprinkles
Premeasure all ingredients before you begin cooking and line a 9x13-inch baking sheet with parchment paper and coat with non-stick spray; set aside.
In a large saucepan, melt the butter, salt, and 8 cups of marshmallows together until smooth.
½ cup salted butter, 10 cups mini marshmallows
Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Followed but the remaining 2 cups of marshmallows and the cereals until fully coated.
1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 5 cups Rice Krispies, 2 cups Rice Chex, 2 cups Frosted Cheerios
Gently and quickly fold in the M&Ms and sprinkles then transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish.
1 cup Easter M&Ms
Top with extra M&M’s and sprinkles, if desired, and use parchment paper or greased hands to gently press the mixture into the pan.
2 teaspoons Easter sprinkles
Allow to set for 30 minutes before removing from the pan and cutting into squares.
- Unsalted butter may also be used, but you will want to add about 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the recipe.
- Corn Chex may be used in place of rice Chex, but I wouldn’t use wheat.
- Other Cheerio varieties can be used.
- Don’t add the M&M’s in too soon or the color will bleed throughout the mixture.
- Don’t press too hard on the mixture or it will make them tough and hard.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks at room temperature.
Calories: 294kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 300mg | Potassium: 23mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 1070IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 5mg