Easter Rice Krispie Treats are sweet, chewy no-bake squares that are made with three kinds of cereal, marshmallows, sprinkles, and M&Ms! Takes only 10 minutes of hands-on time to prepare!
These Easter Rice Krispies Treats are filled with crunchy cereal like Rice Chex, Frosted Cheerios, and of course, Rice Krispies! All that crunch is then held together with a sweet, sticky marshmallow mixture!
Serve these chewy, festive treats to your kids while they enjoy these free printable Easter Coloring Pages! Both are an easy, inexpensive way to give them some Easter fun leading up to the big April Holiday!
The ingredients for this Bunny Bait Treats Recipe closely resemble those for my classic Rice Krispie Treats! With the exception of additional cereal and fun Easter candy!
To make a batch of bunny bait you’ll need:
- Cereals – These Krispies Treats have three different kinds of cereal! Rice Chex, Frosted Cheerios, and Rice Krispies.
- Marshmallow Mixture – The sticky, sweet marshmallow mixture is the edible glue that holds these treats together. To make this you’ll need mini marshmallows, salted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Add-ins And Toppings – To dress these treats up for Easter I used Easter-colored M&Ms and Easter Sprinkles. Then for added chewy goodness, I mixed in some extra mini marshmallows!
Feel free to mix up the cereals you use. Try using your favorite variety of Cheerios! You could even use Corn Chex in place of rice, however, I wouldn’t suggest using wheat!
How To Make Bunny Bait Treats
- Melt the butter, salt, and a portion of the mini marshmallows together until smooth. Then remove the mixture from the heat.
- Stir in the vanilla. Afterward, mix in the remaining marshmallows and all three cereals.
- Fold in the M&Ms and sprinkles. Next, transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and gently press it into the pan.
- Cool the treats completely before cutting and removing the squares from the pan.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Store These Easter Treats?
Place the cut treats into an airtight container and store them at room temperature. Enjoy the Rice Krispies Squares for up to 2 weeks!
Can I Use Unsalted Butter In This Recipe?
Yes, you can use unsalted butter in place of salted butter. However, you will then need to add about 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the recipe.
How Come My Bunny Bait Treats Are Hard?
There are a few reasons for hard Rice Krispies Treats! First, it’s a possibility that the marshmallow mixture was overcooked. Be sure to cook the mixture just until it’s smooth.
Second, the treats could have been pressed too hard into the baking dish. It’s important to press them into the dish firmly but not so much that they become compacted in.
Lastly, be sure that the treats are stored in a tightly sealed air-tight container.
What’s The Best Way To Neatly Cut The Rice Krispies Treats?
Once the treats are completely cooled take a large knife and spray it with non-stick cooking spray. The sprayed knife will prevent the treats from sticking to it when cutting them into squares.
Why Did The Color Of The M&M’s Bleed Throughout The Mixture?
They were likely added in too soon! They need to be gently added in last, right before the treat mixture is transferred to the baking dish.
Can it even be a holiday without a fun, festive dessert like these Bunny Bait Treats to bite into?! Here are more delicious Easter Dessert Recipes to enjoy with your family!
- Classic Coconut Cake – The perfect slice of dessert to enjoy after Easter dinner!
- The Best Carrot Cake – Made with fresh carrots, toasted pecans, and a rich cream cheese frosting!
- Easy Easter Cupcakes – An easy festive treat that uses a boxed cake mix and canned frosting!
- Caramel Carrot Cake Poke Cake – Tender carrot cake soaked in sweetened condensed milk then finished off with a sweet fluffy frosting and caramel sauce!
- Classic Ambrosia Salad – Canned fruit, toasted pecans, mini marshmallows, and shredded coconut are tossed in a sweet, fluffy whipped topping!
Easter Rice Krispie TreatsPin For Later
CLICK THE BUTTON ABOVE TO SAVE THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE TO YOUR BOARD!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review; I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Busy Family Recipes Facebook Community and share them there!
Easter Rice Krispie Treats
- Premeasure all ingredients before you begin cooking and line a 9×13-inch baking sheet with parchment paper and coat with non-stick spray; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter, salt, and 8 cups of marshmallows together until smooth.½ cup salted butter, 10 cups mini marshmallows
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Followed but the remaining 2 cups of marshmallows and the cereals until fully coated.1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 5 cups Rice Krispies, 2 cups Rice Chex, 2 cups Frosted Cheerios
- Gently and quickly fold in the M&Ms and sprinkles then transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish.1 cup Easter M&Ms
- Top with extra M&M’s and sprinkles, if desired, and use parchment paper or greased hands to gently press the mixture into the pan.2 teaspoons Easter sprinkles
- Allow to set for 30 minutes before removing from the pan and cutting into squares.
- Unsalted butter may also be used, but you will want to add about 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the recipe.
- Corn Chex may be used in place of rice Chex, but I wouldn’t use wheat.
- Other Cheerio varieties can be used.
- Don’t add the M&M’s in too soon or the color will bleed throughout the mixture.
- Don’t press too hard on the mixture or it will make them tough and hard.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks at room temperature.