This Sea Salt Caramel Carrot Cake Poke Cake is so sweet and delicious, you’ll never want any other carrot cake again! Baked to perfection and saturated in sweetened condensed milk, then topped with a fluffy frosting and drenched in caramel sauce.
Caramel Carrot Cake
I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter or at least a great day with their families! I know most associate Carrot Cake with Easter, but I think it’s a great dessert that can be served all year round!
This particular Carrot Cake is a Poke Cake which means it’s had holes poked in it and then drenched in Sweetened Condensed Milk. Then it’s topped with frosting and in this case Sea Salt Caramel Sauce and some chopped pecans.
I had never made or had a Poke Cake before this one and now I understand why they are so popular, they’re incredibly moist and delicious and let’s just try to forget about the fact that they’re pretty much waistline suicide.
But honestly, when something tastes this good, who cares if you have to buy new pants, amirite?
Summer is still a couple months away anyway. But seriously, though, you’re going to love this cake!
This carrot cake recipe is made from an adapted cake box mix, but you can definitely use your favorite from-scratch recipe and use the frosting and toppings and the end result will be very similar.
This carrot cake is anything but basic, it’s topped with a delicious whipped frosting make with cheesecake pudding mix which stands in for traditional cream cheese frosting, and the salted caramel sauce is just over the top, once you top it with pecans, it’s game over (for your diets, that is).
The Sea Salt Caramel Sauce was the perfect topping for this cake, the combination of sweet and salty was so delicious.
Sea Salt Caramel Carrot Cake Poke Cake
- Preheat 350 F.
- Combine cake ingredients except for sweetened condensed milk and mix until combined.
- Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let cake cool completely. Do not remove cake from pan, it cannot stand on its own.
- Once the cake has cooled, use a skewer to evenly poke the cake about 25 to 40 times.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over the cake and let set overnight.
- Once the cake has set, whip together frosting ingredients until light and fluffy, evenly spread frosting over the cake.
- Heat opened Sea Salt Caramel Sauce jar in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Pour Sea Salt Caramel Sauce over the frosting and top it with chopped pecans.