Chocolate Irish Cream Cake is made with a generous dose of Irish cream and topped with a fluffy, pudding-based frosting. This grown-up dessert is moist, rich, and oh-so-boozy!
Irish Cream Cake
Chocolate Irish Cream Cake is not the type of chocolate cake that’s served at children’s birthday parties, folks!
Saint Patrick’s day will be here before you know it, and if you can’t resist chocolate and boozy cocktails, you’ll get the best of both worlds with this decadent Irish Cream Cake.
The indulgent dessert consists of rich cake and fluffy frosting that’s infused with Homemade Irish Cream, and a piece of it will definitely get you buzzing! Needless to say, it’s definitely an adults-only type of cake; don’t let the kiddos get into this one!
This Irish Cream Cake recipe is a poke cake and calls for ½ cup of booze right in the batter. Once the sheet cake is baked, holes are poked in it so that a mixture of sweetened condensed milk and (more!) Irish cream can sink in and get absorbed throughout the whole thing.
Then there’s the frosting, made smooth and silky with a blend of heavy cream, powdered sugar, vanilla pudding mix, and — you guessed it —more Irish cream! Yep, there’s plenty of the good stuff in here!
Have you ever had a tough time deciding whether you should mix up a cocktail or go straight for the chocolate? With Irish Cream Cake, you can do both at once, multitasking at its finest if I do say so myself!
Whether you’re planning a Saint Patrick’s Day bash or a simple dinner with your better half, nothing says, “Let’s celebrate!” like a spiked chocolate cake.
This cake recipe is perfect for just about any special occasion. I even brought a similar recipe to our family’s last 4th of July barbecue last year, and it was a huge hit.
If you want to feel “the luck of the Irish,” try baking a moist, rich Irish Cream Cake that’s drenched in boozy goodness. Whether you share it at a party or savor a piece after a long day at work, you won’t regret indulging in this chocolatey treat!
More St Patty’s Day Recipes:
Pin this Poke Cake Recipe for Later!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Sugar & Soul (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #sugarandsoulco so I can see all the wonderful recipes YOU make from this site! You can also Subscribe to my Newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Things You’ll Need For This Recipe:
Watch How To Make This Cake In The Video Below!
Chocolate Irish Cream Poke Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, combined all of the cake ingredients until fully mixed and pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until toothpick comes clean from center of the cake. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Kahlua and sweetened condensed milk until combined.
- Used the hand of a wooden spoon or chopsticks, poke holes all over the cake.
- Pour liquid mixture over the cake.
- Beat all ingredients in a large bowl or stand mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Frost cake and top with chocolate sprinkles if desired.