Chocolate Irish Cream Cake is made with a generous dose of Irish cream and topped with a fluffy, pudding-based frosting. This grown-up dessert is moist, rich, and oh-so-boozy!
If you love this boozy cake, you might also enjoy my Guinness Chocolate Cake with Irish Cream Frosting!
Chocolate Irish Cream Cake is not the type of chocolate cake that’s served at children’s birthday parties, folks!
Saint Patrick’s day will be here before you know it, and if you can’t resist chocolate and boozy cocktails, you’ll get the best of both worlds with this decadent Irish Cream Cake.
The indulgent dessert consists of rich cake and fluffy frosting that’s infused with Homemade Irish Cream, and a piece of it will definitely get you buzzing!
Needless to say, it’s definitely an adults-only type of cake; don’t let the kiddos get into this one!
Irish Cream Chocolate Cake is BOOZY!
This Irish Cream Cake recipe is a poke cake and calls for ½ cup of booze right in the batter.
Once the sheet cake is baked, holes are poked in it so that a mixture of sweetened condensed milk and (more!) Irish cream can sink in and get absorbed throughout the whole thing.
Then there’s the frosting, made smooth and silky with a blend of heavy cream, powdered sugar, vanilla pudding mix, and — you guessed it —more Irish cream!
Yep, there’s plenty of the good stuff in here!
Have you ever had a tough time deciding whether you should mix up a cocktail or go straight for the chocolate?
With this Cake recipe, you can do both at once, multitasking at its finest if I do say so myself!
Whether you’re planning a Saint Patrick’s Day bash or a simple dinner with your better half, nothing says, “Let’s celebrate!” like a spiked chocolate cake.
This cake recipe is perfect for just about any special occasion. I even brought a similar recipe to our family’s last 4th of July barbecue last year, and it was a huge hit.
If you want to feel “the luck of the Irish,” try baking a moist, rich Irish Cream Cake that’s drenched in boozy goodness.
Whether you share it at a party or savor a piece after a long day at work, you won’t regret indulging in this chocolatey treat!
Things You’ll Need For This Recipe:
More St Paddy’s Day Recipes:
- No Bake Irish Cream Pie
- St. Patrick’s Day Punch
- Irish Cream No Bake Cookies
- Easy Irish Fried Cabbage
- Irish Potato Candy
- Chocolate Guinness Cake
- Irish Cream Pudding Shots
Irish Cream Chocolate Cake
Click the button above to save this delicious recipe to your board!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos! You can also Subscribe to my Newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Chocolate Irish Cream Poke Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, combined all of the cake ingredients until fully mixed and pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until toothpick comes clean from center of the cake. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Irish Cream and sweetened condensed milk until combined.
- Used the hand of a wooden spoon or chopsticks, poke holes all over the cake.
- Pour liquid mixture over the cake.
- Beat all ingredients in a large bowl or stand mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Frost cake and top with chocolate sprinkles if desired.