This Kahlua Chocolate Poke Cake is a chocolate cake that’s baked in, soaked in, and frosted with Kahlua. It’s the ultimate boozy dessert!
Kahlua Chocolate Poke Cake
If you love boozy desserts, you HAVE to try this Kahlua Chocolate Poke Cake!
My husband thinks I have a problem when it comes to making desserts. In fact, he thinks I have several, them being:
- I consume too many of them.
- I make too many of them.
- I tend to go a little over the top when I make them, like my Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cake for example.
But honestly, how could something like this Kahlua Chocolate Poke Cake be a problem? I just don’t see how it’s possible, especially if you like boozy desserts. And trust me, this one is boooooozy!
JUST TAKE ME TO THE KAHLUA CHOCOLATE POKE CAKE RECIPE ALREADY!
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, I think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this deliciously easy Best Ever CHOCOLATE POKE CAKE Recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
Every year on the 4th of July, I get put in charge of drinks and desserts and my mother in law always asks me to bring something patriotic… but I never listen.
This year I served up this delicious cake and my chewy Monster Cookies. Nothing says freedom like a ridiculous dessert, am I right?
[su_button url=”https://amzn.to/2tAMRE7″ target=”blank” background=”#708e44″ size=”5″ center=”yes” rel=”nofollow”]Buy My Favorite Hand Mixer Now![/su_button]
This cake is loaded up with 1 1/2 cups of Kahlua and definitely shouldn’t be served to the kiddos! There’s a 1/2 cup baked into the cake, a 1/2 cup soaked into the cake, and a 1/2 cup of it in the frosting, needless to say, it’s a feel-good kind of dessert!
If you’ve never had a poke cake, it’s basically a sheet cake that’s been baked and then had holes poked into it and had some sort of liquid poured over it, in this case, Kahlua and sweetened condensed milk. The cake absorbs all of the liquid and makes for a super moist and delicious sweet treat.
[su_button url=”https://amzn.to/2sByICn” target=”blank” background=”#708e44″ size=”5″ center=”yes” rel=”nofollow”]Buy My Favorite Baking Pan Set Now![/su_button]
If you’re into boozy desserts, you’re going to go crazy over this cake. It’s rich, sweet, and hits all the right notes. And when you’ve had one of those weeks where you just need a drink and some chocolate, this cake will save you.
[su_button url=”https://amzn.to/2tFt0UZ” target=”blank” background=”#708e44″ size=”5″ center=”yes” rel=”nofollow”]Buy Instant Chocolate Fudge Pudding Now![/su_button]
Readers are Loving this Cake!
Heidi H. shares the ultimate boozy pour shot!
Erin M. loved this cake too!
Classroom Cakes made it, did you make it too? Share a picture on Instagram and tag me to have your photo included here!
More Delicious Poke Cakes!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Sugar & Soul (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #sugarandsoulco so I can see all the wonderful recipes YOU make from this site! You can also Subscribe to my Newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Pin this Kahlua Poke Cake for Later!
Watch how to make this cake in the video below!
Kahlua Chocolate Poke Cake
- 1/2 cup Kahlua
- 12 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Kahlua
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup instant chocolate fudge Jell-O pudding mix dry
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, combined all of the cake ingredients until fully mixed and pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until toothpick comes clean from center of the cake. Remove from oven and poke holes in the cake with the handle of a wooden spoon or a skewer.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Kahlua and sweetened condensed milk until combined.
- Pour liquid mixture over the cake. Allow the cake to soak and cool.
- Once the cake has cooled, beat all ingredients in a large bowl or stand mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Frost cake and top with chocolate sprinkles if desired.