Grilled Chicken Salad
This Grilled Chicken Salad drizzles a homemade creamy dressing over a bed of fresh vegetables and tender strips of grilled chicken! A deliciously healthy meal that comes together in no time!
Servings: 2 people
- 1 chicken breast sliced into cutlets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ounces arugula or mixed salad greens
- 10 NatureSweet Cherubs halved
- 1 carrot grated
- 3 ounces pickled beets grated
- ¼ cup goat cheese
- fresh parsley optional garnish
- 10 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- ¼ cup fresh tarragon
- ¼ cup fresh mint
- ¼ cup fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons garlic paste
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
Rub chicken cutlets with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook on the grill or in a grill pan over medium-high heat, flipping once, until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Transfer to a plate and let rest.
In a large bowl, add the arugula, halved NatureSweet Cherubs, grated carrots, grated beets, and goat cheese.
Top with grilled chicken and garnish with fresh parsley if desired. Serve with Green Goddess Dressing or dressing of choice
- How Do I Store: If you’re meal prepping this recipe, I’d recommend making your dressing and chicken ahead of time, as well as grating your carrots and beets. Then store all of the components separately. Build your salad when you’re ready to enjoy it! Store the dressing in an airtight container or mason jar in the refrigerator. Use it up within 5 days! Then place the chicken in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator as well. The chicken will remain safe to eat for 3 to 4 days. You’ll want to use up most of your produce within 2 to 3 days though for freshness.
- Can I Make The Dressing With Regular Plain Yogurt? You can, however, you may end up with a slightly different dressing consistency. Instead of the dressing being creamy it may turn out to be a bit more liquidy.
- How Can I Add More Protein? To really pack on the protein, you could add some sliced boiled eggs or nuts to this salad. I’d suggest grabbing either peanuts or almonds for the most protein-packed nut. Bacon would also be a delicious addition! Or you could simply just add in more chicken!
- Can I Use Pre-Cooked Frozen Chicken? Of course! While freshly grilled chicken is always best for taste, I totally understand the need to save on time. Just prepare the chicken as directed on the package and then allow it to rest. Afterward, place it on your salad and enjoy!
Calories: 544kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 51g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 92mg | Sodium: 1603mg | Potassium: 1786mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 11126IU | Vitamin C: 110mg | Calcium: 505mg | Iron: 8mg