Shortcake Charcuterie Board
Summertime is here and that only means one thing, cookouts are in full swing. With strawberries in season, this is the perfect themed charcuterie board to create for your next cookout or even bring as a dish. Add all your favorite fruits and biscuits to have everyone create their best version of shortcakes. You can make an easy shortcake with the simple angel food cake, or you could try a sweet cream biscuit or even a sugar cookie stack. The possibilities are endless, so have fun and create the perfect strawberry shortcake this summer.
Servings: 12 people
- ½ cup Strawberries sliced, plus more for gaps on the board
- ½ cup Blueberries plus more for gaps on the board
- ½ cup Blackberries plus more for gaps on the board
- ½ cup Raspberries plus more for gaps on the board
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 batch Cream Biscuits
- 1 Angel Food Cake
- 12 Sugar Cookies
- 4-8 Dessert Shell Sponge Cake
- 2 cups Vanilla Wafers
- 2 cups Whipped Cream
- ¼ cup Powdered Sugar
Start by making a mixed fruit bowl with the fresh fruit and 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar and place it on a tray or large board.
½ cup Strawberries, ½ cup Blueberries, ½ cup Raspberries, ½ cup Blackberries
Add biscuits, sugar cookies, angel food cake, whipping cream, and powdered sugar.
12 Sugar Cookies, 1 Angel Food Cake, 1 batch Cream Biscuits, 2 cups Whipped Cream, ¼ cup Powdered Sugar
Next, add the sponge cake cups and vanilla wafers to the board.
2 cups Vanilla Wafers, 4-8 Dessert Shell Sponge Cake
Fill in empty spaces with fresh fruit.
Serve and enjoy.
- When creating the board, you can add store-bought angel food cake, biscuits, or even glazed donuts to create a delicious shortcake. This can save time in the kitchen but homemade is always my favorite.
- Are you looking for the perfect cream biscuit? These are delicious and so easy to make.
- Angel food cake is the perfect summertime cake, which makes this shortcake board perfect.
- Add all your favorite summertime fruit- Creating a mixed fruit bowl, I add 2 cups of sliced strawberries, ½ cup of blueberries, and 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Make your own whipping cream and add your favorite extract to it. You can also use a cool whip as well.
- Save yourself a little time by picking up a pack of premade sugar cookies from the store. The kids will love making a strawberry shortcake cookie.
- You can prepare the biscuits and even the fruit bowl the day before if you are running close on time.
Calories: 212kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0.05g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 220mg | Potassium: 100mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 87IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 0.2mg