Ranch Water combines tequila, Topo Chico sparkling mineral water, and lime juice in the unofficial drink of West Texas! If you love margaritas, then you’re going to love this light and refreshing cocktail that’s perfect for those balmy summer days!
This Ranch Water Drink is a simple, refreshing smooth tequila beverage that packs a punch of flavor and is even keto-friendly! The taste resembles a light sparkling margarita, and is one you’ll be craving all summer long to cool down with!
What Is Ranch Water?
This well-known cocktail originated in West Texas and is traditionally a mix of tequila, mineral water, and lime. It’s certainly growing in popularity and can be ordered from ritzy hotels right down to dive bars! It’s the perfect iced drink for a hot summer day.
The cocktail itself tastes like a light and bubbly margarita. It’s not as sweet but the lime juice and water really smooth out the double shot of tequila that definitely packs a punch.
If easy-to-make mixed drinks are your thing they don’t get any easier than this bubbly, refreshing Ranch Water! Simply grab a tall glass, fill it with ice, and add the ingredients!
This Ranch Water recipe makes one drink, so if you’re serving a couple of friends or family members just repeat the ingredients list and instructions! You could easily make a large batch if it’s going to be consumed right away! You really just need three ingredients: tequila, lime, and Topo Chico.
To make Ranch Water you’ll need:
- Tequila – Silver tequilas are best for mixing but feel free to grab your favorite!
- Topo Chico Sparkling Mineral Water – Keep this chilled for a great tasting Ranch Water!
- Lime Juice – Fresh lime juice is best!
- Limes – Sliced into wedges to place on the sides of your glass for garnish!
- Ice – Since this drink is enjoyed chilled it’s served on the rocks to keep it cold!
While you can use another sparkling mineral water in this cocktail, it technically won’t be Ranch Water. Topo Chico is sourced from Mexico and is the key ingredient to this cocktail. Look for it in the grocery aisle with the Mexican cuisine and not the water aisle.
How To Make Ranch Water
- Fill glass with ice and lime wedges and add tequila.
- Add in the fresh-squeezed lime juice.
- Stir to combine and chill.
- Top the drink with chilled sparkling water and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Variations To Try!
- For a spicy take on Ranch Water add a slice or two of jalapeno to the tequila and lime juice in the drink!
- Add in some grapefruit juice for a hint of fruity flavor!
- Run a lime wedge around the rim of the glass and then dip it in Tajin seasoning!
- Switch up the flavor by swapping out the lime juice for freshly squeezed lemon juice! Or use both!
- Add a splash of Simple Syrup to sweeten it up!
Is There A Tequila That’s Made In Texas?
Yes, how fun to add Texas made tequila into this Ranch Water Cocktail! For a true Texas tequila try Dulce Vida Anejo Tequila, Republic Tequila, or Pura Vida!
Where Can I Buy Topo Chico Mineral Water?
Places such as Whole Foods, Sprouts, Target, and even Walmart normally carry the sparkling mineral water! Your local grocery store might carry it too (if mine does in Maine, yours should!) If not, Amazon is always an option!
This West Texas Ranch Water recipe will have you excited to keep trying fun, new cocktails any chance you get! Here are more popular cocktail recipes to add to your list of ones to try!
- Bahama Mama Cocktail – A tropical flavored drink that’s made with two kinds of rum, orange and pineapple juice, and grenadine!
- New York Sour – Made with the Best Homemade Sour Mix, whisky, a twist of orange, and a layer of red wine that floats on top!
- Blood Orange Cocktail – This tasty pink drink comes together by combining blood oranges, gin, lemon juice, citrus bitters, Cointreau, and ice!
- Cactus Cooler Tequila Cocktail – Sip on this blend of smooth artisan tequila with orange, tangerine, lime, and cranberry juice that’s finished off with triple sec and lemon-lime soda!
- Woo Woo Cocktail – An easy-to-make cocktail that’s made with vodka and perfect for enjoying all summer long!
Ranch WaterPin For Later
CLICK THE BUTTON ABOVE TO SAVE THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE TO YOUR BOARD!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos!
- 1½ ounces lime juice fresh is best
- 3 ounces Tequila
- 6 ounces Topo Chico Sparkling Mineral Water chilled
- lime wedges
- Add ice and lime wedges to a tall glass.
- Add lime juice and tequila to the glass and stir with a bar spoon.
- Top off with mineral water and enjoy.
- While you can use another sparkling mineral water in this cocktail, it technically won’t be Ranch water. Topo Chico is sourced from Mexico and is the key ingredient to this cocktail. Look for it in the grocery aisle with the Mexican cuisine and not the water aisle.