Sparkling Cranberries are such a fun and easy way to glam up any holiday dessert, heck, they even make for beautiful decor! All you need is cranberries, water, and sugar, does it get any simpler than that?
Now, I don’t know about you guys, but I love cranberries! For me, cranberries are the food of the holiday season, not pumpkin or peppermint, but tart red cranberries. They’re such a versatile fruit and I love the way they can make any dish POP!
Sugared Cranberry Ingredients
These gorgeous sugared cranberries are made by creating a simple syrup with sugar and water. The then fresh cranberries and quickly soaked in the simple syrup and dried before being tossed in more sugar.
Regular granulated sugar works best for this recipe, but if you can get your hands on caster sugar, that is another great option!
How To Make Sugared Cranberries
Make a simple syrup by combining the water and 1/2 cup of sugar in a medium saucepan and cooking until the sugar has dissolved.
Stir in the cranberries and let them sit for a couple of minutes, then use a slotted spoon to remove them. You will likely need to do this in batches.
Transfer the cranberries to a wire rack resting on a baking sheet for about 30 minutes to let the cranberries dry and get back to room temperature.
Roll the cranberries in the remaining sugar until coated and then use within 3 days for best results.
These tart and sweet cranberries and super easy to make and there are so many ways to enjoy them! We love them in our Cranberry Cooler Mocktail and on our Cranberry Pie!
How To Store Sugared Cranberries
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. They may get a little less “sparkling” so go ahead and freshen them up with more sugar before using.
How To Serve Candied Cranberries
- As a pie topping!
- To decorate cakes!
- On bread pudding, french toast, or pancakes!
- As a drink garnish!
- Include in a fruit and cheese board!
- Eat them plain!
Sugared CranberriesPin For Later
CLICK THE BUTTON ABOVE TO SAVE THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE TO YOUR BOARD!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos!
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups granulated sugar divided
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- Combine water and ½ cup of sugar in a small saucepan and heat on medium heat until sugar dissolves, about 2 to 3 minutes. DO NOT let the water boil, just bring it to a light simmer.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, turn heat low and add the cranberries to the water/sugar mix making sure they are well coated. Let them sit in water for 2 to 3 minutes. You can do this in portions if it's easier.
- Transfer cranberries to a wire rack to dry using a slotted spoon, try to keep them separated as much as possible so they don’t all stick together.
- After about 30 minutes, toss the cranberries in the remaining sugar.
- Use the cranberries to dress up your holiday desserts or just eat them straight.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. They may get a little less “sparkling” so go ahead and freshen them up with more sugar before using.