This candied bacon and chocolate dipped rice crispy treats recipe is the perfect twist on a no-bake classic treat – seriously, everything should have a little bacon!
Bacon and Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats
Bacon is one of my all-time favorite things! I’ll eat it in pretty much anything whether it’s in ice cream, sticky buns, biscuits or wrapped around jalapeños. Well, this time I’ve made sweet and oh so sticky rice crispy treats, dipped them in a bowl of chocolatey goodness, and then rolled them around in candied bacon. Yes! Bacon that has been candied – so good!
I started off making homemade rice crispy treats – butter, marshmallows and rice crispy cereal. Just make sure you butter your mixing bowl and spatula – hey I even buttered my hands. I’m pretty sure the melted marshmallow mixture could be used to reinforce your home’s foundation – crazy sticky!
Once the rice crispy treats were finished and cut into individual squares, I put them in the fridge for a good hour so that they held their shape and didn’t start to melt when you dipped them in the chocolate coating.
Once they were good and hard, I dipped them in the chocolate coating and rolled each one in the candied bacon. A little messy, but so fun and oh so delicious! I laid them out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and then stuck them back in the fridge to be sure everything had set.
If you love chocolate and bacon and you’re not feeling like rice crispy treats, check out this chocolate bacon cake!
Candied Bacon and Chocolate Dipped Rice Crispy Treats
Rice Crispy Treats
- 1 tablespoon butter plus more for greasing bowl
- 1 pound marshmallows
- 6 cups rice crispy cereal
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 lb bacon cooked and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
Rice Crispy Treats
- In a large bowl that has been buttered, add the rice crispy cereal.
- In a medium size sauce pan over medium heat melt the butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add the marshmallows and stir occasionally until the marshmallows have melted completely.
- Add the mixture to the cereal and stir together until there are no dry patches of cereal left.
- In a buttered 13 x 9 inch pan, press mixture evenly and firmly. Let cool.
- Once cool cut treats into squares.
- Put squares in the fridge for about 60 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combined chocolate chips and coconut oil.
- Microwave for approximately 2 minutes, stirring every 20 seconds or until chocolate chips have melted completely.
- Place the butter in a medium saute pan until melted. Add the bacon and stir.
- Sprinkle both sugars over the bacon and stir continuously until the sugar melts (about 5-7 minutes).
- Pour the bacon onto a baking sheet lined with parchment and spread into a single layer. Let cool.
- Once cool finely chop the bacon.
- Dip the rice crispy treats in chocolate coating and then roll in the chopped candied bacon.
- Place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper and refrigerate until chocolate has set.